Whining noise in rear after hydro fluid change

Captjack

Jun 30, 2009
Centreville,Md
Hey guys

I changed the hydraulic fluid/filter in my L235 DT - The fluid that came out was nasty brown milky color. Im guessing it was filled with water.

I filled with 6.5 gallons of udt per the owners manual. Let the tractor sit an idle for a bit like it says to do .

Now there is a whine in the rear axle at speed. I do not remember this before. its also does not "coast" like it did before when I would disengage the clutch. Not bad but I noticed it (might be my mind playing tricks who knows)

The whine is there - no imagination about it.

do i live with this ? is there a fill port on the rear axle I dont know about ?

3pt and fel work fine

thanks

jack

Captjack

Jun 30, 2009
Centreville,Md
So I live with it ?

The machine only has like 600 hours on it. I ran it down the lane in road gear - rears didnt get hot or anything so ............... motor on i suppose?

Captjack

Jun 30, 2009
Centreville,Md
no leaks whats so ever on this tractor. I guess I will run it for a bit and see what happens. I guess I wanted to make sure that there was not anothe fill port for the rear axle on this machine - does not show one in the manual.

Should I consider going back to the thinker fluid ? I really dont know what was in there before

Captjack

Jun 30, 2009
Centreville,Md
Well I get the Homer Simpson "DOOOHH" AWARD !

When I was filling the trans fluid back up I moved all the levers near the fill hole out of the way to make it easier to pour the 5 gallon bucket of fluid in fill hole- one of levers being the 4x4 lever. Well I didn't put the tractor back in 2 wheel drive when I test drove it down the lane.

This tractor has the wrong rear tires on it. They are 12.4-24 R1's on the rear and 7-16 R1's on front so the tractor has a slight "pull" in 4wd. I don't usually put the tractor in 4x4 on hard pavement and have let air out of the rears to get them closer to the correct height.

anyway !! I was moving wood around the property today and noticed the front wheels spinning.

Put it back in 2wh drive and I dont have any more whine !!

the end ....................

Captjack

Jun 30, 2009
Centreville,Md
Truth be told i was getting ready to blame my boys for messing around with the tractor - then I remembered that I did it !! Good thing i didnt jump their case !