B7100 FWD Front Driveshaft Cover Boot

HickoryNut

Equipment
BX25DLB/PForks,Front Blade,3PH,and 3Pt STUFF, BXPanded UA, Piranha, BH Dolly,Rip
Apr 15, 2011
NE Georgia
With all the great threads on this site. I have had no need to chime in so far. Vic and Mr K and the rest of you.....Outstanding! Maybe I am missing something but on my old 1980 B7100 (which is more handy and fun than a barrel of monkeys) The front boot on the driveshaft cover for the FWD is missing. Clamp is still there but the boot is gone and the tube is loose. Does anyone have a part number or other remedy to replace? Thanks All!:eek:

KJINTF

Equipment
B7100 & ZD326
May 7, 2011
Western Montana
Hi

We are in the same boat
My B7100 experienced the problem yesterday
Have to assume any Kubota parts guys will have everything we need
The drawing clearly calls out the parts needed - If need be I have the numbers as well
How did you get the shaft off?
Maybe I did something WRONG it took me 2 hours to get the front drive shaft off. Had to push out the retaining pins in the shaft to get enough movement in the shaft to get it out. My ZD326 has a MUCH better method a collar that you simply move backwards and the shaft comes loose.
I guess the brass ring within the oil seal stuck to the drive shaft which caused the outer pipe cover to spin and destroy the rubber boot. Impressed that is took 19 years because it is a simple brass ring floating on the drive shaft that is exposed the dirt holding the entire assembly together.

Attachments

Last edited:

HickoryNut

Equipment
BX25DLB/PForks,Front Blade,3PH,and 3Pt STUFF, BXPanded UA, Piranha, BH Dolly,Rip
Apr 15, 2011
NE Georgia
Mines a little different. Let me see if I can find the diagram.