cranks and runs fine but no power

askthedoc

Equipment
B2150
Aug 9, 2009
Abbeville, SC USA
I got on my B2150 to do a little bush hogging yesterday and it ran fine for about 15 minutes and then it lost about 80-90% of its power. I cut off the bush hog and managed to get back to the house very slowly. I seem to remember this happening years ago and a cleaning of the fuel filter remedied the situation, but not this time. I also cleaned the air filter. I cleaned the fuel filter, replaced it and bled the fuel lines and fired it back but still little to no power. What should I check now?:confused:

Theekillerbee

Jun 28, 2009
Pleasant View UT, USA
Any change in the color of the exhaust? Especially under load?

You may also want to check your decompression lever...small and simple, but sometimes gets pushed open, and is easy to overlook when you are thinking of all the bad stuff that can go wrong, like a blown head gasket, fuel pump failure, injectors gone bad, hole in a piston, you know, the good stuff.

askthedoc

Equipment
B2150
Aug 9, 2009
Abbeville, SC USA
Long time since previous post but still having the same problem. Do I have a decompression lever on the B2150? The exhaust puffs a little white now and then but not much. I'm getting the feeling it may be the fuel pump. What do you think?

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
When you changed the fuel filter did you look at what was in it? Did it have water or little black looking specks in the fuel? If you have water in you tank and didn't notice it even with the new filter you will still have water in it and didn't fix your problem.

When it's running does it sound like it's running on one cylinder and very rough?
Slow to try and rev up?

askthedoc

Equipment
B2150
Aug 9, 2009
Abbeville, SC USA
When I changed the filter it had a layer of crud about 1/4 inch thick on much of the filter! So I dumped all that out of the bowl and Installed a new one and bled the lines and all that but still no power. It doesn't run rough and it revs up just fine but if you leave it at full throttle for long it will power down and cut off. If you let it sit for a couple of minutes it will fire right back up and run fine for another couple of minutes and then do the same thing again. The filter and the bowl look good right now.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
If the crud was that bad I bet you have a bunch of stuff built up in your tank as well. You may be better off to remove your tank and wash it out good. If you have a algea problem it will be built up in your tank to. It's probably starving for fuel and there for no power.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
You might get lucky and just take the fuel line loose at the filter and flush the tank out without removing it. I think I would try that first.

osut362

Equipment
M9000dtc, b7500hs
Mar 15, 2009
Lindale, Texas
had a similar problem with my m9000. vent line for the fuel tank was stopped up...durn dirt dobbers.....al

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
The dirt dobbers were a small problem on my rops model M 9000 but I think they came as standard equipment on my cab model. It seems like every other time I fuel mine I have to clean the vent tubes out. 9 times out of 10 it will be the one on the right side for some reason. Never have figured that one out.