UDT Fluid

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
New Holland "Ambra" is what the New Holland/Kubota dealer in my area uses for all tractor brands. They think the Kubota oil is overpriced.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
New Holland "Ambra" is what the New Holland/Kubota dealer in my area uses for all tractor brands. They think the Kubota oil is overpriced.
GWD, My closest dealer sells JD / Kubota tractors. They purposly don't carry hardly any Kubota products and or parts because they don't like the fact that kubota out sells the green stuff. They don't even have any Kubota hats.

Bub549, As far as the oil goes, some of the cheaper stuff doesn't have the correct additives the Kubota requires. No more than hyd oil has to be changed saving a few pennies now may cost big dollars in a few years.

Just out of curiosity, how many hrs does your 2500 have on it?
Have you ever changed the hyd oil in it before?

BUB549

Dec 18, 2009
TATA, NOVA SCOTIA, CAN
its a 1999, i had it 2 years and not changed it myself, it has 875 hours...I am having a steering problem, once I get that fixed, I plan to swap out all the oil this summer....I thought my sigh glass was opaque, but in reality it just had TOO much oil in, up way passed the sight glass, I popped it out and found tat out as it drained!..any way I will top up to mid mark, fix the steering, and then when problem free for a bit do a fluid change, I am 1 hr from kubota dealer, napa sells altratrac, an ultramar product that claims to meet kubota UDT specs, 1/2 the price of Kubota UDT. 27 bucks or so for 10L

meanjean

Equipment
Kubota MX4700
Aug 10, 2010
Hazelridge, Manitoba
Oil is the one thing I won't skimp on.
Oil changes are the bread and better of maintenance.
The $25 you might save now will be a fart in a hurricane when the pump fails.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Oil is the one thing I won't skimp on.
Oil changes are the bread and better of maintenance.
The $25 you might save now will be a fart in a hurricane when the pump fails.
Agreed. I never have been in a hurricane to even have a chance to fart but it sounds pretty bad.

Bub549, You may already know this but your tractor came with Super UDT in it new. It wouldn't surprise me if the oil had never been changed in it before. The UDT fluid (or whatever) will not give you as good of cold weather performance. Just saying that because I see you live in the Great White North.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Service Dept Vic has mentioned in past threads the the Wal-mart brand UDT has all the same chemical components in it that Kubota requires in their tractors. I think he's even said he's used wally wolrd brand in his own tractor.

Kinda why the first letter in UDT means Universal. Any brand shall do!

Eddie Jr.

Equipment
B3200 HSD
Mar 27, 2011
Ottawa Valley, Ontario, Canada EH!
Agreed. I never have been in a hurricane to even have a chance to fart but it sounds pretty bad.

Bub549, You may already know this but your tractor came with Super UDT in it new. It wouldn't surprise me if the oil had never been changed in it before. The UDT fluid (or whatever) will not give you as good of cold weather performance. Just saying that because I see you live in the Great White North.
BD! Too funny:D
As most of you agree by the looks of what I have read in a few of the Oil threads, sick with the SUDT for best performance, right? I would rather spend the extra little bit up front and know I am looking after my ride. Any trouble getting SUDT in Canada? I thought someone told me it wasn't available in the "Great White North". :confused:
Thanks,
M.

Eddie Jr.

Equipment
B3200 HSD
Mar 27, 2011
Thanks Ed, how are things out in Alberta? Still white? ;)

Can you recommend a good "Engine Break-in" tread for me? I hope to have my new B3200 this weekend if all goes well and I am sure there must be one on here already. I want to make sure it is done right.

M.

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
We are still white out here, but it has been above freezing in the daytime this week so I guess spring is coming!
I recommend to all our customers that they change all the oils and filters at around 50 hr's and use whatever oil they want to use in the long run in the engine. Use only Kubota PUDT in the transmission particularly if it is a Hydro or powershift. The mechanical machines are good with any good tractor transmission oil.
Always avoid hard work with your tractor until it is warmed up, I have seen some piston scuffing due to improper warmup.
before you bring your new B3200 home warm it a little at the dealership and make sure it runs smoothly at full RPM. if it stutters at all have them check and adjust the injection timing, I have found a few that are late.
I personally use synthetic oil in all my diesels from my Duramax on down and recommend it to all. I use Mobil 1 but Amsoil or any of the rest are good, I just don't like Amsoils marketing scheme! LOL
ED

Eddie Jr.

Equipment
B3200 HSD
Mar 27, 2011
Ed – Thanks! I have owned a diesel before and am trading my little Case in on the new Kubota, I just want to make sure I do it right this time around. The Dealer will be dropping the tractor off soon and we will go through the unit to make sure everything is working well. I have also been working at a car dealership for the past 20 years so I understand the importance of good maintenance for sure, that’s why I targeted you for this question.
My new unit is a HST model so I will stick with the PUDT, and will move to synthetic engine oils after the 50hr service. I am a Mobil 1 guy too, love the stuff in all my toys. What weight do you recommend 5W50? I know that common sense prevails and not to work the tractor too hard in the beginning but should I avoid full RPM’s for the first little while or even try to vary the engine speeds?
Thanks ED, appreciate the info!
M.

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Last edited:

Eddie Jr.

Equipment
B3200 HSD
Mar 27, 2011
Awesome! That stuff looks perfect! Meets all the newer CJ and CH standards! Wont matter that mine isn’t a turbo engine I don’t think? Good call Ed, thanks again for the advice. I won’t work her too hard till I have had it for a little while and I will be sure to warm it up well before doing anything heavy too.
I will also be sure to check for the shutter you mentioned after it has warmed up a bit.
Thanks ED, I knew you would be the right guy to ask!
M.

OrangeRidge

Jul 10, 2010
Queensland Australia
Why don't you run CL grades ? These have high detergent and
zinc levels for non particulate exhaust systems. I can't help but
think that obsession with sythetics whilst forgetting what the oil
is for , is clouding analysis. 5w is very thin for standard engines.

Last edited:

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Almost any oil that is designed for internal combustion engines today more than meets the requirements of Kubota's naturally aspirated engines. There is no need for anything above CE. I use synthetic for it's longer drain intervals but mostly for it's cold weather characteristics. Why would any modern engine need thick oil?
Ed

Eddie Jr.

Equipment
B3200 HSD
Mar 27, 2011
Hey there ED! Got her home tonight, didn’t get much time with the sales guy as he was doing me a favour dropping it off way after hours. Looks great! (put up some pics in the “Case
guy looking to defect” in the buying thread.
I think it may have that shutter you spoke about, I let I warm up well (at least 20min) while taking a little cruise around the lot. When I was going to park it I brought up the RPM’s to about 2200 and caught a bit of that “chatter” I didn’t want to rev it up too much with it only having .6hrs on it so far.
Also when I lower the loader it sounds like air is leaking from the “passenger” side near where the loader sits in the quick connect cradle …. No visible fluid leak …. What might that be? It’s going back next week anyways for the mower deck install, but I thought I might just ask in case you have heard of this one too …. I still love it, just a few little things to look after.
Thanks ED!
Max.