2001 International 4700 26' moving truck/van body DT466E Allison

nateschisler

Equipment
looking...
May 25, 2017
Amanda, OH
Up for sale is my trusty International 4700 with the Navistar DT466 engine. I purchased this truck from Penske in 2015 and it's driven exactly 5k miles since then. It was purchased to move my family to the west coast for a 2 year project, it has served it's purpose (getting us there and back safely) and it's time to let it go. It was a fleet leased vehicle since manufacture, leased by a local moving company and serviced regularly by Penske. It will be available for inspection after 6/26.

Specs:
- 2001 International 4700, Navistar DT466E, Allison 5-speed automatic, 25,995 GVW, spring suspension, 259xxx miles
- 26' moving van body, 13'6" height, interior 94"w by 102" h; full above cab attic, recently resealed all the way around

The Good:
- Currently titled as an RV (Ohio has a pretty low bar for this, makes ownership/insurance way cheaper), though you could easily change back if you wanted
- Professionally installed Class 5 receiver
- All new, virgin tires - Goodyear steer tires with 5k miles on them, Cooper drive tires with 1k miles on them (all new, no retreads)
- Brake pads were new when purchased, so they all have 5k miles on them
- Brand new Hydro-Max Hydrobooster installed 1k miles ago
- Serviced 2,500 miles ago by International dealer (complete oil and lube, chassis grease, all filters replaced, new thermostat, radiator top hose and coolant filter with accompanying flush/fill), and new serpentine belt
- Cab bench is in good shape with no rips/tears
- Vertical e-track every 24" in the van body, super useful for creating shelves and securing your load
- All the lights work, new LEDs in the rear
- Includes a Melcher, heavy-duty fiberglass ramp that stores underneath (these alone are like $1,500)

The Bad:
- It's a 17 year-old truck, it's got some bumps and bruises. The fiberglass (both hood and wind deflector) have some battle wounds, none impact performance, but they're there. Van body has some imperfections, but it's weather tight and can carry quite a load.

The Bottom Line:
- This truck safely transported all my family's worldly possessions (including towing a trailer with a car and motorcycle on it) across the US and back again. I guarantee it was well beyond 26k pounds both trips. During the trip, it kept a full-size chest freezer and upright fridge/freezer running the entire time in the middle of the summer both trips; and I listened to Pandora and navigation the whole time. It's not perfect, but it's tough and reliable and I wouldn't hesitate to use it again to move.

$13,000 obo
Lancaster, OH

Last edited: