"1st Annual OTT, PNW, BBQ and Kubota Games" 7/15/2017

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
Well folks, better sign up for this event! :D

I thought it would be a kick to do blindfolded Tractor and Bobcat operations, but Bearskinner probably wouldn't be happy with the damage to his place. :p
I think blindfolded tractor and bobcat games is a bit much!

I've gotten enough prizes to cover everyone who has expressed interest in attending, no matter how you can operate a Grapple.

Now here's a suggestion, we can do team blindfolded quad races, driver blindfolded, passenger as navigator. I have a walking trail I cut thru the forest with the Kubota. It's about 3/8 of a mile. That will keep all my vehicles, buildings and trees safe! You can't really hurt the quad. I'll watch, film, and time.

Last edited by a moderator:

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Bearskinner, check PM!

Gee NIW if you are going to put up wolf dogs as a door prize, I could donate a couple of sheep :D

Oh maybe not at the same time....

Ridger

Equipment
L3940 HST
Nov 26, 2014
North LA
That sounds like it will be a lot of fun and fellowship with one another. I was in Boise, Idaho a few years ago for a conference. I rented a car and drove all around the area. It was one of the most beautiful states I've ever been in and hope to go back some day (summer time of course!). If you can, post some photos of the event. Be safe and have a good time.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I could donate a couple of sheep
There is just so many wrong ways I could go with that,,lol:D

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
I could donate a couple of sheep
There is just so many wrong ways I could go with that,,lol:D
Concentrate Skeets, keep your mind on the straight and narrow.

bearskinner

Equipment
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
Well aside from the animal jokes, this is a Family Friendly Event. All spouses, wife's, girlfriends, kids grandkids are welcome. for the younger ones We'll have yard games, and if it's warm enough water balloon toss. There's horses, goats, ducks, and chickens next door to feed and play with too.
For the older ones we'll have yard games too, mounted on a Kubota, and quad games for the daring. Lots of BBQ and snacks, well get together with everyone to coordinate some side dishes and drinks, and we'll have some "Livelier" beverages for around the fire pit. North Idaho Wolfman is helping out with the BBQ and Sheep Farmer is providing an Orange surprise. ( nothing to do with sheep) There's lakes, beaches and water parks all around us within 5 miles in every direction. Please ask any questions, or contact me if you need any information.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Because there seems to be no one attending (so far) who does machining, I will not bring any machining specific items & bring a few items that anyone vaguely mechanical might have a use for; these can be door prizes or whatever, maybe just swag.

bearskinner

Equipment
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
I've got a mix of prizes, fairly generic that most folks would find useful, tools, fun and a couple drinkable. Figure anyone brave enough to enter the timed Kubota events, and possibly embarrass themselfs deserves something special!

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Concentrate Skeets, keep your mind on the straight and narrow.
Great minds like his are hard to find:)....I was thinking the same thing......the older one gets the more twisted the mind gets!:)

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Great minds like his are hard to find:)....I was thinking the same thing......the older one gets the more twisted the mind gets!:)
Awwww common I was thinking Lamb chops, roast Lamb,BBQ Lamb, mutton roasts, wool spinning weaving ,spinning, Lamb stew

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2620, fel, RB1560, Piranha Tooth Bar
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA
Put me down for garden fresh salad, Fresh strawberry shortcake and a growler of local beer.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Okay, I really want to attend this event. I have some questions though. Do we bring our tractors? If we choose to bring a travel trailer is there someplace to park it? What about toilet facilities? How many days is this event? July 15th is a Saturday, is this just one day or a three day event (Friday through Sunday)? Please provide a little more detail as I really want to attend but I want to make sure that I can participate in all planned events.

Since the venue is just about 450 miles from my home, I am seriously considering attending. This really sounds like it will be a fun event.

bearskinner

Equipment
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
In case you have any more questions about the OTT, BBQ, Tractor Event please PM me, I can give you my contact info and answer all your questions. The event is Saturday, and yes there will be campers staying here. I do need to know your rig size so we can plan where to park everyone as you will see, this is a very thickly forested area. Unfortunately, we don't have enough room for everyone to bring their own tractors, but the timed events will be using a newer Kubota BX25D with back hoe and Land Pride Grapple.
There's more to do in the area than you can do in a week, let alone a 3 day weekend. If your camping and get here Friday, the PNW's Largest Amusement park and water park is less than 3 miles away. There are lakes, scenic drives, parks etc all around us. The CDA area is a vacation destination paradise. You couldn't see all the lakes in a day, even though there are 9 within one hour in any direction of us. Lots of kid friendly things to do, and beauty and relaxation for those of us with kids gone.
I can accommodate a few trailers/ motorhomes for a no fee camp area, but we need to get the camp rigs parked before all the cars/ trucks arrive as it may get tight. The best part about camping is you won't need a designated driver! Please contact for more info, Michael aka Bearskinner

Last edited:

bearskinner

Equipment
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
There are many Motels along the intersecting highways in the Coeur D'Alene area from $46.99 motel 6 to absolutely gorgeous B&B's on the lake, priced accordingly. The Event is approximately 20 miles North of CDA. I would think any thing out in this area, including campgrounds may be full undue to our proximity to Silverwood water and amusement parks. Just an FYI, for longer distance travelers.

bearskinner

Equipment
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
Just in case I didn't get the directions to anyone inquiring about the event, please PM me and I will get them out to you so you can map your route.

bearskinner

Equipment
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
Gonna bump this up in case anyone local hasn't seen the event, one week from today. Doesn't matter if you know anyone or not, this is a great way to meet new friends.