B7100 three point lift arms wont lower

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Is there any weight on the hitch? The 3pt is power up and gravity down. You can push it down by hand or have something hooked to it.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Is there any weight on the hitch? The 3pt is power up and gravity down. You can push it down by hand or have something hooked to it.
Yep. The lift arms on my B7100 lower REAL SLOW, unless I push on them, or an implement is on it. It takes weight to evacuate the oil from the lift cylinder, and the arms alone are pretty light. You may need to adjust the knob under the seat, but if it is just a matter of slow fall, then it is pretty normal.
Welcome to OTT! This is a fantastic site, full of good folks. Don't be a stranger.

chas8157

Equipment
B7100 HST
Sep 17, 2012
Rowena Texas USA
I tried standing on them and they do not budge and I'm not a small guy. I saw the knob under seat. There is a front end loader on tractor. Do you know what position knob should be in.

chas8157

Equipment
B7100 HST
Sep 17, 2012
Rowena Texas USA
Another question to a fellow B7100 owner. Mine is a two wheel drive Hydrostat. Ther is a lever below stearing wheel just about the housing that i have not figured out what its for.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
below the dash, and to the right of center? That would be the cruise control. When you are moving forward or backward, you pull up on that knob and it is supposed to maintain the position of the pedal. I don't know about others, but mine doesn't grab very well. It works, but it will slow down a little when I take my foot off of the pedal. You push down on it to release.