What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Mike9

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Oct 9, 2015
Ghent, NY
I put the dash panel back together today. Still don't have flashers, but will make do without. Installed a new decompression cable and the dash looks really good in a fresh coat of orange. New radiator cap and topped of the coolant. Lit the glow plugs and she started right up :D Tomorrow an oil change is in order then I can dress it back up in freshly painted skin.

I slathered all the rubber inside and out with Mothers Back to Black and all I can say is wow!! The trim that was hard as a rock this morning is soft and supple tonight. I slathered in on all my hoses and all the levers and knobs.

Douglas W

Oct 31, 2015
Wilson New York U.S.A
I installed a block heater on my B7500. I had to remove the 1 inch threaded plug which takes a 17 mm allen size. I didn't have that size allen so I ground down a bolt to that size and had a 3/4 inch nut welded on to it. First thing I did was break the weld . I then bought the correct size allen wrench . I also soaked the plug with WD 40 for a couple of days prior to loosening it. I did successfully remove the plug and have the heater installed.

Tmar04

Equipment
Mowing
Aug 28, 2013
Eastman Georgia
Installed hand throttle Kubota rtv 900

I installed a factory issue hand throttle kit. All went well til I tried to use it . Pressure on accelerator very very hard to depress now. Much different. Hand throttle has to be free to slide back and forth inside cable sheath as you operate accelerator. How can this be? Cable is locked at install end until you depress center button, then you can pull on large knob to increase engine speed. I assumed they would work together if you don't need hand throttle.
Any RTV owners out there with this problem? I will disconnect my hand throttle at fuel pump connection til I figure this deal out.

Mike9

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Oct 9, 2015
Ghent, NY
My grandson and I made two stops today. One at Walyworld for a 5gal. pail of Supertech HT oil and some 80W-90 then on to the tractor dealer for some genuine Kubota filters and a new SMV sign with mounting bracket. Then it was home to eat lunch and then we did an oil change and hydraulic/transmission change. He helped me vacuum crud and handed me stuff (he's three) and then we fired her up. Tomorrow is fuel, front drive train and grease day. I had a blast - :D

Russie

Equipment
BX2370 Kubota
Hi all, new to the forum so thought I'd share what I did.
I reworked two "walk behind" Craftsman snowblowers into one to quick attack to my new Kubota BX2370 front end loader. The two blowers worked out to a total of 60" wide and have their 10 HP engines running them. I removed the drive wheels and the drive mechanism and built a three wheel center caster to support the rear section with castors and skies on the front. The engines now have 12 volt starters, chute rotation, deflectors and auger engagement all have 12 volt actuators controlled from the cab. The Kubota loader handles the weight great although the blowers will ride on the ground with the tractor just pushing and steering them.
Russie

Attachments

Last edited:

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
I mounted a 175 amp Anderson connector to the side of the grille guard so I can plug in my utility winch (Warn 4700 DC), then ran the cables (4 gauge) to the battery. I have a 2" receiver mounted on front too.
I have the same connector next to the receiver on my pickup and on jumper cables and a power inverter.

Many people tried to get me to run a larger amp connector. However, I have used the winch for an extended period of time (close to 30 minutes, against the brake too) and while the winch itself got hot enough to almost burn me, none of the cabling or connectors were at all warm.

Last edited:

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Hi all, new to the forum so thought I'd share what I did.
I reworked two "walk behind" Craftsman snowblowers into one to quick attack to my new Kubota BX2370 front end loader. The two blowers worked out to a total of 60" wide and have their 10 HP engines running them. I removed the drive wheels and the drive mechanism and built a three wheel center caster to support the rear section with castors and skies on the front. The engines now have 12 volt starters, chute rotation, deflectors and auger engagement all have 12 volt actuators controlled from the cab. The Kubota loader handles the weight great although the blowers will ride on the ground with the tractor just pushing and steering them.
Russie
Its time you learned rule #3.pictures or it didnt happen. Lol
Sounds like something i wanted to do a while back, except hang it on my truck.

OBKubota

Equipment
2014Gr2120,Gr2728Snowblower,Gck5GrassCatcher,agri-FabSpreader
Oct 21, 2014
Ontario
That's a wild looking set of blowers Russie it must have been a lot of work.

I just finished my own little mod on my blower except for paint. I put actuator on deflector chute and motor on rotator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Russie

Equipment
BX2370 Kubota
That's a wild looking set of blowers Russie it must have been a lot of work.

I just finished my own little mod on my blower except for paint. I put actuator on deflector chute and motor on rotator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes a lot of work, hope they get the job done !!! It will be nice to have the actuators on your chute !! Good luck !
Russie

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
I reworked two "walk behind" Craftsman snowblowers into one to quick attack to my new Kubota BX2370 front end loader...
Clever! And very professional-looking.

Welcome to OTT! Sorry you got hammered, but I'm glad it was a pretty gentle note; if it had been one of my real hard-core picture-nazis like skitter (or flitter, or whatever his name is), you'd have lost some skin! :D :D :D :D

Mike9

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Oct 9, 2015
Ghent, NY
Nice fit up Russie you'll be stylin' this winter. :cool:

I cleaned and painted an '87 "L" series weight bracket that I adapted to my B6200. I used grade 8 flange bolts on top and grade 5 on the bottom. Then I changed the fuel filter - holy crap - yes it was doing its job. I found the hardest part was getting that tiny O ring off. It took longer than cleaning the gunk out of the can - all better now. Then I took the rototiller and brush hog off a trailer. Tell ya what - those Pat's Quick Hitches are going on tomorrow.

Last edited:

Knott

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2015 BX2670-1, BX2755HD Snow Blower, Farmking 4' box Blade, BX 2760A Plow Blade
Jun 2, 2015
Manitoba
Nice job on the dual setup. Looking forward to some action pics or maybe some video action.

L3010HST

Equipment
L3010HST w/LA481 loader; Land Pride RB2672 Blade and RF2060 Rotary
Apr 29, 2013
PNW
Few days ago real slow startup cranking, then relay chatter so, new battery, new ground strap (old one was sketchy), cleaned positive connections back to starter and negative connections for new ground strap (rust), then applied di-electric grease on those +- connections, then that red goop on bat terminals and installed a battery blanket warmer. Ready for frigid cold mornings with good strong start-ups to plow driveway.

Yesterday, disassembled, cleaned, lubed and reassembled my LA481 loader boom detent valve. Fixed my float function :D

Why does this stuff happen only when the weather sucks lol :p

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
Why does this stuff happen only when the weather sucks lol :p
Well, silly, it's because you have a pretty new tractor. Swap with me, and you won't have that issue... it'll be happening all the time! :D :D :D :D

Hey, kudos to you for getting your float working, that's a nice accomplishment!

Mike9

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Oct 9, 2015
Ghent, NY
I grooved new R4's for the front yesterday and did the new Carlisle Tru Powers today. #4 knife on the R4's and #2 knife on the Carlisles.

Fro65

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301HST, LA525, BH77, LP tiller, LP grader box, LP blade, BX2380
Dec 30, 2014
NorthEast Indiana
Well, intended to repair two broken field tile today.
Mother nature had other plans.:mad:
Getting her ready for hibernation instead.
It was 65 degrees here yesterday.
No signs of stopping...

Attachments