ROPS installation L175 & L225

DonDC

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L35 TLB, B7001, FEL, Rototiller, Snow Plow
Oct 23, 2012
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Same thing in Canada. I just ordered one for B7100 (to go on a B7001) and cost is $600+. Safety program is only a US promotion.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I can't measure mine (L185F) right now - that can be done this weekend. The overall height is somewhere between 7 feet and 7.5 feet (2.1 meter to 2.3 meter)

Let me know if you need a more exact measurement on a L185F

Retlaw66

Equipment
L275, B2100
Apr 28, 2013
Eastern Pa
I installed the ROPS on my L275 a few years ago, It was under $200 with shipping.
My garage door opening is 7 ft, and I did have to shorten the ROPS about 4-5" so I could store the tractor in my garage.
While it's NOT recommended to modify it, I felt I could cut, add some internal reinforcement, and weld it to be as strong as original..... IMO that's a better option than no ROPS at all..... or leaving my tractor outside!

seanbarr

Equipment
B7100DT (sold) - Branson 3520H
Feb 1, 2013
Deer Park, WA
I don't know if this helps but I managed to get my ROPS for my B7100D without the dealer ever seeing my tractor as I installed it myself. To convince them to let me put it on myself, I told the dealer that somebody welded crap on where the ROPS was to be bolted to and knew that I'd be putting some serious hours just to get that crud off. (It's true anyway)

I did provide the serial number of the tractor through the safety website and that was enough to get the ball rolling. If one were to "guess" the tractor serial number, an associate could get one then have him pack & ship it to you. What probably would bite is the shipping cost. Those ROPS are heavy!

jclark20

Feb 7, 2016
Lindale, Tx
Would this kit fit a L1500? I know the program is only for US models but if I can get my local dealer to order it for me I wanted to make sure it would fit.

Thank you,
Justin

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Would this kit fit a L1500? I know the program is only for US models but if I can get my local dealer to order it for me I wanted to make sure it would fit.

Thank you,
Justin
odds are they will require the tractor serial number and it must match a non grey tractor. If you got a connection then of course go for it.

jclark20

Feb 7, 2016
Lindale, Tx
odds are they will require the tractor serial number and it must match a non grey tractor. If you got a connection then of course go for it.
I just recieved my ROPS for my L1500, my local dealer did not ask for a serial number and just orderd it for me. $148 + $90 shipping no tax.

tyrepros

Equipment
L175, Woods mower, Aerator, rake, kids rides
May 4, 2009
Freehold, NJ USA
I did have to drill the holes out a little on the front and back top mounting plates there to get the bolts to line up and I think I read somewhere someone else had to also.
Glad I read this as I was wondering if it was something I did. The recommendation to leave everything loose until it is all hung and bolted up was a good one also as there was some maneuvering to get it all slung onto it correctly with some messaging of the holes...:confused:

tyrepros

Equipment
L175, Woods mower, Aerator, rake, kids rides
May 4, 2009
Freehold, NJ USA
See the thread that is posted below.

From that thread the model number is SFL-27 for the L185

It seems that the same model ROPS is supposed to fit the L175, L185,... L245 series. I will verify this on the ROPS and/or instructions this weekend and let you know for sure.

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?p=51566#post51566
Just got mine after spending some time with a great lady named Annette at Kubota. Took some emailing and some serial number pictures, ordered my kit from a GREAT dealer and they drop shipped right to my shop. The kit for my L175 is the SFL-22. I am not familiar with the SFL-27 but the kit came with the PTO cover also. A 12 x 1.25 tap is a must for opening up the lower stud threads.

jkk04

Equipment
kubota l1500, JD 410 backhoe,MF 30 tractor, IH TD14 142, BCS 715 tiller
Jan 9, 2017
PLYMOUTH CA
Just got mine after spending some time with a great lady named Annette at Kubota. Took some emailing and some serial number pictures, ordered my kit from a GREAT dealer and they drop shipped right to my shop. The kit for my L175 is the SFL-22. I am not familiar with the SFL-27 but the kit came with the PTO cover also. A 12 x 1.25 tap is a must for opening up the lower stud threads.
Hi, Tyrepors,
I am wondering the rops kit you bought will fit on L1500?
Thank you n
Jkk

Attachments

Last edited:

sysbot

Equipment
Kubuto L275
Sep 1, 2023
Oceanside
Hi all,

I just found this thread. I ordered the SFL-27 ROPS kit but the installation manual that came with it is bad. Anyone happen to have a working copy of it that I can have? thanks.

Russell King

Equipment
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Hi all,

I just found this thread. I ordered the SFL-27 ROPS kit but the installation manual that came with it is bad. Anyone happen to have a working copy of it that I can have? thanks.
I believe that I still have the instructions and can find it this weekend.

If I don’t post back please ask again next week

Reactions: 1 user

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Hi all,

I just happen to have access to a copy of them.

Attachments

Reactions: 2 users

Russell King

Equipment
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I just happen to have access to a copy of them.
Well thank you for posting the instructions.

I amazed myself and remembered to look, found the instructions and was just going to post them!

Read post #18 in this thread for some helpful advice on how to make the installation go easier.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user