ROPS installation L175 & L225

gurn

Equipment
Kubota L175
Apr 15, 2011
Nashville,Tn
Took about two months for delivery but at last they are here. Cost was $148 + tax and $70 freight. First thing I did was replace a leaking oil seal around the pto. The only other advice I might add is to tap and clean out the two threaded holes where the studs are installed. After years those holes were nasty! The rest of the installation went well,even came with decals:)

Attachments

Last edited:

gurn

Equipment
Kubota L175
Apr 15, 2011
Nashville,Tn
Mine was missing the pto shield so it was nice this came with a new shortened shield. I may have to get a shorter top link bar because now my bar has to be on the lower hole and adjusted all the way in just to make my box scraper level. But I haven't tested it out yet.

Attachments

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Looks good,, man thats high enough you could put lights all along the top :D

Stumpy

Equipment
L175
Dec 1, 2011
NE Ohio
Ooooo that's helpful. I thought they were much more expensive than that. I may have to install one of those. Where did you order your's from gurn?

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
That's what I paid for mine if memory holds true but only took a week for my b7100. But took 2 months to get around to puttin it on.

Check the Kubota USA website to see what ROPS program is being run at the moment. The bars are sold a basically cost plus ship through your local dealer. Not all models avail all the time. And suppose to be for USA sold tractors but I wasn't asked for my ser.#

Seems to me I read somewhere that all ROPS equipment is made in the GA plant. Anyone heard that too?

gurn

Equipment
Kubota L175
Apr 15, 2011
Nashville,Tn
Yea just like what Kytim said at my local Kubota dealer. Take in some info about it because they may be like my dealer and not know much about it. My dealer said they had never ordered any before for anyone but finally figured out what to do. It would have been more helpful if I had taken in a copy of this. http://www.kubota.com/safety/RolloverProtectiveStructures.aspx I will feel safer now on the steep part of my drive way. :D

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Took about two months for delivery but at last they are here. Cost was $148 + tax and $70 freight. First thing I did was replace a leaking oil seal around the pto. The only other advice I might add is to tap and clean out the two threaded holes where the studs are installed. After years those holes were nasty! The rest of the installation went well,even came with decals
Looks like you paid about the same as I did, wish they would have let me install mine.:mad: (post #3)

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5328

T and S

Equipment
L185
Jan 6, 2011
Oak Ridge, Mo.
I also installed the ROP on my L185 along with the seat belts. Feel alot safer now. But will have to remove when I get ready to paint.

blackfoot1

Equipment
L245
Feb 11, 2012
Louisiana
gurn,

Thanks for the detailed post and photos. :) Great job. I plan on installing a ROPS on my L245 during the restoration project.

amaurymsa

Equipment
L245DT with FEL
Aug 27, 2012
TOURNAI, BELGIUM
very interesting...i was looking to build one by myself...
i've check on kubota.com, seems to be 148usd for my 245dt.
as i leave in belgium, i'll go tomorrow to my dealer to ask a quote.
I hope price will be cheap.
if some one live in belgium or france, i'm interested to know how much on your side...

thanks

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas

amaurymsa

Equipment
L245DT with FEL
Aug 27, 2012
TOURNAI, BELGIUM
Thanks for the link...
I ve called the official importator for belgium and it says than nothing is available for my 245dt :(
The pn provided does not match here...
If someone knows a way to get one, i'm interested...
Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Russell King

Equipment
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I found out about it on the Kubota (USA) website.

See this website if you can get there:
http://www.kubota.com/safety/RolloverProtectiveStructures.aspx

On the USA website you have to dig to find the info. Go to bottom of the HOME page and there is a LEARN section that has a SAFETY section to select then from there you can select a ROPS SAFETY selection on the left side.

Perhaps you can find something in the Kubota Website of your country. The dealers are mostly unaware of this but if you get to the correct place you can get the Kubota Corporate to send an e-mail quote to you and your local dealer and they will be able to find out what they need to do from the corporate contact information.

Good Luck!

amaurymsa

Equipment
L245DT with FEL
Aug 27, 2012
TOURNAI, BELGIUM
Thanks.
Here is the return of kubota corp usa

Dear Mr.,

Kubota Tractor Corporation only handles sales, parts finance and service
for the United States.

My regrets.
---
Kubota corp does not have website on belgium but i sent an email to France,
I hope they will do something good...

Russell King

Equipment
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
amaurymsa,

I may have discovered what you can order!

While it is true that what I recieved is the SFL-27 Kit the first part number is 35378-20000 and is the complete assembly.

See the attached PDF of the parts list. Perhaps if you ask your dealer to look that up, perhaps he can find out what you need.

The same ROPS fits the L185, L245, L235, L275. There are some additional parts required if you have draft control.

View attachment I00100.pdf

If needed I can scan the installation manual that has all of the part numbers listed but the PDF seems to show the same information.

Good Luck!

amaurymsa

Equipment
L245DT with FEL
Aug 27, 2012
TOURNAI, BELGIUM
Hello all,
No good news on my side... I ve tried Belgium & France, same result.
Rops can not be provided...