Where do I start Kubota B7000 engine siezed

JATLatch

Equipment
Trucks and Cranes
Apr 18, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Kubota B7000 4 wheel drive Z650 engine bought at auction.
Engine is seized oil on dipstick and rad full
Just wondering where I might look first
Thanks
JAT

northender

Equipment
bx2370, FEL, 54" MMM, LP box blade, LP back blade
Aug 23, 2013
Brookfield, MO USA
Any idea why it is seized? Estate sale, sat idle for many years causing engine to seize? If this scenario is the case, you might remove the injectors and pour some marvel mysterial oil into the cylinders, let it soak a few days, they try turning motor over, working it back and forth in small increments. No idea what kind of drive your tractor has, if gear drive, you can put the trans in lowest gear and try to work the engine back and forth by gently rocking it forwards and backwards. Hydro would require using flywheel, drive shaft, or crank pulley/bolt to work it back and forth.
Good luck!

jeep08ham

Equipment
B7500
Aug 22, 2011
Fair Grove, Mo
The absolute best product I have ever found for freeing up stuck pistons to liners is a product called RustReaper. It is hard to find but do a google search on line. I bought a gallon a few years ago and was able to free up an old IH dozer that had been sitting about 15 years with the exhaust open to rain. I pulled the head and cleaned out the cylinders, then covered them with the RustReaper. I would take a block of wood on top of the pistons and hit it 4-5 times each day on each piston. With in a week, I had the engine spinning over with the fanblade belt. Also used on an old Allis WC engine that was stuck. Hope I can find another gallon as it works awesome!

Lostdutchman

Equipment
L2850
Dec 31, 2013
Alaska
Best stuff I have used is auto tranny fluid thinned with acetone. An old farmer told me about it. I tried it on an old tractor with a seized engine. Hung a weight on the fan belt dumped the mix in the cylinders and 4 days later that thing spun right over. Hope you can get it fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

minthillbill

Equipment
B5200
Mar 12, 2014
Mint Hill, NC
Best stuff I have used is auto tranny fluid thinned with acetone. An old farmer told me about it. I tried it on an old tractor with a seized engine. Hung a weight on the fan belt dumped the mix in the cylinders and 4 days later that thing spun right over. Hope you can get it fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ditto on the auto tranny fluid/acetone (50/50 mix) better than KROIL.
Put a 1/4 cup in each cyl and wait a week.
BILL

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Any idea why it is seized? Estate sale, sat idle for many years causing engine to seize? If this scenario is the case, you might remove the injectors and pour some marvel mysterial oil into the cylinders, let it soak a few days, they try turning motor over, working it back and forth in small increments. No idea what kind of drive your tractor has, if gear drive, you can put the trans in lowest gear and try to work the engine back and forth by gently rocking it forwards and backwards. Hydro would require using flywheel, drive shaft, or crank pulley/bolt to work it back and forth.
Good luck!
Just to get the engine to turn, do that in high gear. Low gears are the most engine revolutions per rotation of the rear wheel. High gears are the least. So you stand the best chance in a high gear; the transmission ratios are in your favor.

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
Some time ago another poster on here told us about using his favorite penetrating fluid but the real trick was to jack one rear wheel up and leave it in gear. He reported that for a couple weeks every time he went by the jacked-up tractor he just rocked and bumped the wheel a bit. Engine came free with minimal effort on his part.

Please continue to post back your experiences so we may all learn.

JoBo

Equipment
B5100, D905 powered generator
Mar 15, 2014
Columbus, Ohio
It takes two things, a good product and time:)

Personally I use Kroil that is also hard to find and expensive:eek:

Trans fluid and Acetone is an interesting subject

Tx Jim

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040 HDC-1,JD 4255,Ford 6700
Apr 30, 2013
Coyote Flats,Texas
Just to get the engine to turn, do that in high gear. Low gears are the most engine revolutions per rotation of the rear wheel. High gears are the least. So you stand the best chance in a high gear; the transmission ratios are in your favor.
Ditto:engine will be easier to turn over(if it indeed will turn over) by using high gear not low gear.

Tx Jim

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040 HDC-1,JD 4255,Ford 6700
Apr 30, 2013
Coyote Flats,Texas
JATLatch
Since unit was purchased at auction I think you'd be time ahead by dropping engine oil pan and inspecting rod & main brgs.