B6000 engine swap. ZL600 ----> D600

Wagnerwerks

Equipment
B6000e
Jul 24, 2013
Pa
Hey guys. I'm back for mowing season trying to figure a few things out for my b6000 2wd manual trans. Right now I have a worn out motor that needs a few big parts. I'm looking at at least 600 bucks to rebuild my zl600 so I'm looking for other "better" options.

There is a g5200 for sale at a local auction with the d600 motor. It has around 1200 hours on it and is supposedly in good running order, but looks like it sat outside. It may go for a low amount because of the poor cosmetics.

My question is will the d600 engine bolt up to my bellhousing and clutch? I'm not looking for a project that includes adapters for the engine to transmission part, but the rest would be fine. I would love the extra hp and smoother engine.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I know there's a lot more to this than just bolting in the motor, but that's my hang up to get it going. The sale is Saturday so I thought I'd better ask now:)

kc8fbl

Equipment
2014 L3200 HST FEL, 1949 Minneapolis-Moline R
Aug 23, 2012
Gobles, MI
I'm thinking it won't because you'd be going from a 2 to 3 cylinder engine. I'm thinking you would have to lengthen the frame and hood to make it fit in there. Plus drive line and such. Again, this is only a guess.

I know someone with more knowledge will chime in to help you.

Good luck and hope things work for you!

Wagnerwerks

Equipment
B6000e
Jul 24, 2013
Pa
I'm thinking it won't because you'd be going from a 2 to 3 cylinder engine. I'm thinking you would have to lengthen the frame and hood to make it fit in there. Plus drive line and such. Again, this is only a guess.

I know someone with more knowledge will chime in to help you.

Good luck and hope things work for you!
Thanks for the reply!

I'm sure I'll have to mess with the front sub frame and maybe the hood and steering. That part doesn't really bother me. There are benefits of the bigger engine to offset the trouble.

I'm really needing info on bell housing, flywheel and clutch compatibility. That's what I'm really unsure of.

This tractor has been a nightmare..lol. I mowed 2 times with it since I bought it. That's $625 a pop to mow 3 acres. Not a great deal according to my lovely wife. :D

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I highly doubt if they will bolt right up, they are a great many years apart.
I would have to dig into the specs of both to be sure.

Wagnerwerks

Equipment
B6000e
Jul 24, 2013
Pa
I highly doubt if they will bolt right up, they are a great many years apart.
I would have to dig into the specs of both to be sure.
Any info would be Very appreciated. I didn't know if Kubota was like gm and everything was a standard way. I love this tractor for its size, but I can't justify spending too much to fix it. I may end up parting it if I can find something to work.

Wagnerwerks

Equipment
B6000e
Jul 24, 2013
Pa
Anyone with a definite knowledge of the mounting of these little motors?

If I know it will bolt up I will be way better off for tomorrow. Thanks in advance!