Resurection From 2014 - BX22 Left to Me

ehenry

Equipment
BX22, FEL, BH, 40" pto tiller, 42" Bushog Squealer, pto hole digger, B7300 w/60"
Mar 25, 2014
Canton, MS
The last day to file a claim against the estate was Wednesday and by COB Wednesday there were only two claims. Both credit card companies and both less than 2k each. So we will see how it plays out. From what I understand they have to show up in court in order to collect but it really depends on the judge.

Wbk

Feb 20, 2013
St Adolphe Manitoba Canada
I'll be joining the True BX users club. Both HST shaft boots busted and mostly gone and HST fan missing all its blades. I'll be doing the work myself. Any words of wisdom and pointers will be appreciated.

I haven't got a clue how long they've been missing either.......Oh well....I'm still in shock over him leaving it all to me.
Hi your very fortunate to have had a friend that was so close. I just finished the same job as your about to start, not so bad just take your time. You have to remove the floor mat and floor pan, the shaft comes out thru the top but most of the work is underneath. You should replace the fan belt at the same time, you'll see why once you get under it. Good luck and if you need more help there's lots of it on this site. Barry

ehenry

Equipment
BX22, FEL, BH, 40" pto tiller, 42" Bushog Squealer, pto hole digger, B7300 w/60"
Mar 25, 2014
Canton, MS
Talked with my attorney handling the estate yesterday and he is going to petition the court and request that all property of the estate be set aside as exempt since its probably not worth more than $10,000. He is probably correct in this since later in his life my friend didnt take care of his things at all. The BX has several issues that need addressing such as the hydrostat fan, most all hoses need replacing and the FEL and BH, but I'm not going to put any money in to it until the estate is closed and all is said and done.

Billdog350

Equipment
Kubota L3710 HST,L2230A QT,forks,Takeuchi TB125, 60" Luck Now pto Snowblower
Jan 6, 2014
East Hampton, CT
Touching story and post. Sounds like your neighbor was a great guy. Sounds like the way I want to go too.

Enjoy the "living memorial" he gave you...now you can enjoy it and think of him every time you use it!

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Talked with my attorney handling the estate yesterday and he is going to petition the court and request that all property of the estate be set aside as exempt since its probably not worth more than $10,000. He is probably correct in this since later in his life my friend didnt take care of his things at all. The BX has several issues that need addressing such as the hydrostat fan, most all hoses need replacing and the FEL and BH, but I'm not going to put any money in to it until the estate is closed and all is said and done.

I second what Billdog said - relish in the fact that he "picked" you to have his prized possession! Once the dust settles ........make her new again!:D

Reactions: 1 user

ehenry

Equipment
Mar 25, 2014
Canton, MS
We have court day today. We hope to have estate property set to 'exempt status' in one motion and in another motion we hope to get permission to sell items such as 5th wheel camper, Ranger pickup, boat, and several trailers.

Wish us luck.............. will post the outcome later .

ehenry

Equipment
Mar 25, 2014
Canton, MS
The saga continues..........The judge didnt grant permission to sell last time we went to court. NOW, she has decided to retire December 31st and our case will not go back to court until January 16th to an appointed judge.

Prima-dona elected officials sure can muck up everything.

ehenry

Equipment
Mar 25, 2014
Canton, MS
Even though the BX is not officially my yet, I'll be excersising "Fred" this weekend. I Had to have a rather large and tall pine that the beetles got to cut. I paid a bonded tree cutter to come lay the tree down since it was close to my shop and I'm no lumber jack. "Fred-n-me" are going to do the cut up, clean and haul.

I'll be thinking of and thanking my friend Jimmie Fred the entire time.

ehenry

Equipment
Mar 25, 2014
Canton, MS
All, we had our day in court this past Friday, the 16th, with a new judge. None of the credit card companies that had claims on the estate showed up. The judge set all assets aside, denied all claims and closed the estate. The BX is now officially mine. Now I can start repairing all the things that need that attention and hopefully bring the little tractor back to what it once was.

Thanks to all that have replied to this thread over the past two year. I'll be posting new threads concerning the repairs and other questions I know I will have......Thanks again.

Its been probably three or four months since the little tractor was run, so I went, I cranked and drove it around some. First order of business now will be to change all fluids and filters. then replace the hydrostat fan, CV boots and joints then an outing with the grease gun. After all that, mount the backhoe and find leaking hoses since more than one is leaking. If I run in to issues doing all this new threads will be opened.

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but I've read that the hydrostat fan can be replaced without having to slide the engine forward.

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
I'd like to say congratulations but sometimes how we get things dulls the sentiment. I'm sure your friend would be happy that you can care for the unit now.

Keep us posted on how things are working with the unit. Best thing you can do is put it to work!

ehenry

Equipment
Mar 25, 2014
Canton, MS
I've kind of reached a milestone with this tractor.

I have finally rebuilt the last of 9 hydraulic cylinder and replaced the last set of hoses ! ! !

WooooHoooo ! ! !

Reactions: 4 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
You started this thread in 2014, and you're just getting everything finished. You must be a very slow and meticulous mechanic. I just keep poking away at the job until it is done, and I am not afraid to leave something for tomorrow or next week. If you need a new seat for this tractor, there is a dealer in MA that still has a few of the old seats in stock. It is difficult to find the correct aftermarket seat to fit the BX22.

ehenry

Equipment
Mar 25, 2014
Canton, MS
The tactor is 20 years old so no sense in taking something apart that isn't broken. I fix things when they break, leak or what not.

First repair was the hydrostat fan, rebuilt the propeller shaft and installed new boots which wasnt a bad job at all. Bxpanded under armor installed to remedy that problem from happening again.

The pictures are from 2014...the seat has been replaced with a Kubota seat but it had to be a different design cause the bottom of the seat pan was different from the original and yall should see the two pieces of iron Kubota sent to remedy their redesign faux pas. They were very thick and heavy. Also, the front axle pivot bushings and orings have been replaced and the engine cowling reinstalled.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Glad to hear that you are still enjoying the tractor and making improvements to the tractor

BobInSD

Equipment
L5740
Jun 23, 2020
South Dakota
You started this thread in 2014, and you're just getting everything finished. You must be a very slow and meticulous mechanic...
Slow down, you're making me look bad! Seriously, I'm in the "keep the temporary fix until it breaks again" camp so you're way ahead of me. I liked the story of your friend and your "new" tractor.

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
Slow down, you're making me look bad! Seriously, I'm in the "keep the temporary fix until it breaks again" camp so you're way ahead of me. I liked the story of your friend and your "new" tractor.
Reminds me of the saying "Nothing is more permanent than a temporary fix."

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well after all this how about a picture of the old girl :)