Threads not updating for me

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
When I log into OTT Forum, it shows that threads have new posts/updates. When I open the thread, it shows bold threads that I supposedly have not review but I already have. When I open say Service, Repair & Maintenance there are no new postings showing.:confused: Nothing new from about 8:44am this morning.

I have logged out and back in and nothing changed.

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
When I log into OTT Forum, it shows that threads have new posts/updates. When I open the thread, it shows bold threads that I supposedly have not review but I already have. When I open say Service, Repair & Maintenance there are no new postings showing.:confused: Nothing new from about 8:44am this morning.

I have logged out and back in and nothing changed.
funny, i am having the same problem! thought it was just me.

here is what i do, hit F5 on your keyboard.......this will force a refresh of the page.;)

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
Thanks, F5 does refresh for me but I am getting bounced all over the site, logged off and them back in one forum to another. :mad: :confused::confused:

I think I will try again tomorrow.

Night everyone.

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
Nothing changed for me:(
When I log in it is showing "You last visited: Today at 06:15 PM":eek: but it is 9:40 right now.
After hitting F5 it shows "You last visited: Yesterday at 07:36 PM" :confused:
Do not know about jumping from one sub forum or thread to another yet.

When I just logged out and then back in it is showing "You last visited: Today at 04:44 PM"

Last edited:

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
I browse with my iphone, similar trouble, went and cleared all my browsing history and ate my cookies.
Has returned to normal. Its goood.

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Hey guys -

Yep this was my fault. I accidentally added some code that told your browsers to keep a cached version of whichever page you wanted (I meant for it to apply to static images/gifs/css only). That's why it looks like it you are "going back in time" when you walk through the site.

If you dump your cookies or just F5 a few times it should clear itself out (or wait a few days...). Sorry about that! :)

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
around late noon here Friday and doing the same thing. I just F5ed severl times. Will report back to let you know if this cleared things up.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
around late noon here Friday and doing the same thing. I just F5ed severl times. Will report back to let you know if this cleared things up.
10 min. or so later. So far it is hit and miss. Im having to refresh every page I've ever visted to get to new posts but it stays new after that, but won't know if it is fully corrected till another post shows up today in threads I've visited before.

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
Cleared all my cash, cookies, cakes, whoopie pies, ice cream etc.
Everything is back to normal.:cool:

Maybe, I should have left a few things aby-normal.:(

I can be a little off sometimes.:eek::D

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
The trouble is that any page (thread/post) you visited before I reverted the bug will be cached in your browser. Either enough time needs to pass (1 week) so that your browser starts to get the latest again, or, you need to F5 some pages or dump your browsing history for OTT.

Long story short - I messed up but it should be fixed now. If you notice something strange, F5 that page and see if that helps get the latest.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Thank you for the information. Deleting history/cookies fixed it for me.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Whoops! I may have caused this yesterday. Just reverted something now. Can you let me know if you are still seeing this?

Mr K,

this morning 7:05 EST - got the ol' 500 server error, please check