New Backhoe

Blondie70

Equipment
L2501DT('18)L2501('15)
Aug 6, 2016
Poplarville, MS
I have my new backhoe and it is not a BH 77 as I thought was coming. It is an Ansung BK 976. The manual even says run it with loaded tires and keep them on the ground. 16" bucket measures 15" (new math I guess) Looks like it is a strong little thing. Swing levers are hard to get moving. Guess it will loosen up with use.
Got some work lined up for it (culverts) but the ground here is totally saturated and it rained more today. Afraid to sink the tractor where the culverts are needed.
The manual thumb is not here yet.

Dunbar

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 LA525 QA PFL2042 Forks RCR1860 FDR1672 BB1560 EA55 WR Grapple FitRite TnT
Aug 2, 2018
Texas
Sounds like a bait and switch to me. If I was expecting a Kubota product and they presented something else... I would walk and never come back.

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
The backhoe bucket might measure 15", but it will have a 16" cut as the outside teeth are wider than the bucket. That is the way they are designed so the outsides of the bucket dont get wedged in the trench.;)

Blondie70

Equipment
L2501DT('18)L2501('15)
Aug 6, 2016
Poplarville, MS
I dunno know how to get a pic on here.
This backhoe is the one they sell for these tractors...as I was told.
Seems like a solid machine
It is detachable
It is frame mounted.
Owners' manual says loaded tires are recommended but don't lift the back tires off the ground...just support tractor with stabilizers.
I thought from my reading the BH77 was the one I was getting. Don't really know the difference and can't remember if we discussed the brand of backhoe or not.
This one is made in Korea....hey...it's pretty close to Japan...ha ha And it's orange !
Deal was they transported my tractor to and from shop. They hooked everything up. Will bring thumb when it comes in.
Total cost was $8830.50. Lot of money. Guaranteed for 1 year.
Misc work on property...start with installing culverts. Then whatever comes up and I expect it will be busy.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Contrary to what folks tend to do, with any hoe, frame mounted or not or even a machine like a JCB dedicated hoe, you never lift the back tires off the ground. Put's undue strain on all the components.

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
Contrary to what folks tend to do, with any hoe, frame mounted or not or even a machine like a JCB dedicated hoe, you never lift the back tires off the ground. Put's undue strain on all the components.

LMAO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
What evidence do you have to support these comments?

jkcolo22

Equipment
BX25D
Jan 5, 2017
Castle Rock, Colorado

It’s not a matter of undue strain. It’s just more stabile to have 7 points on contact with the ground rather than 5 (bucket, 4 tires, 2 stabilizers).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
What evidence do you have to support these comments?
In as much as I don't have (or need) a backhoe, only what the manufacturers say.

Now, having said that I know a guy who broke his transmission casting lifting the back wheels off the ground and dragging the tractor with the backhoe bucket. That was a Kubota, a 5030 to be exact. If I remember correctly it was a couple grand repair.

If I ever needed a hoe, I would buy a dedicated TLB, not an add on.

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
I can tell you my add-on 3 pt backhoe has saved me countless hours and dollars for trenching, putting in posts, and shifting rocks and logs. There is a time and place for dedicated machines, sure, but the average small scale user doesn't need to make that investment.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
SidecarFlip, 3 point connected backhoes can be very hard on tractors. I'm not saying that 4 point connected backhoes can't cause problems, but the sub-frame is there to take the stress off the transmission and rear-end.

On my L3901DT each side of the sub-frame connects to the ROPS, axle and the FEL frame and weights in at 60 pounds.

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
The stabilizers are very strong in the vertical plane and can lift the tractor with weights very easily. The problem is that they are not strong in the horizontal plane. So with the tractor (with or without filled tires) lifted off the ground, if you were to pull or push hard enough with the bucket to effectively move the tractor forward or backward, it could damage the stabilizers. With the rear tires being on the on the ground, it helps to prevent this horizontal movement of the tractor. Personally, I use the bucket front edge to lift the front tires off the ground to maximize the weight on the bucket to make a solid perch since for-aft forces don't really damage the FEL, and I leave the rear filled tires on the ground.