Snow blade tilt

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
How do you tilt your snow blade when plowing a gravel driveway, bottom back or forward? Trying to dial it in so as not to displace too much gravel, not frozen enough to use feet. I angle it same as my reversed back blade.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Set it up before the snow comes drive it around floating at different angles till you see what is going to work best and move the least amount of stone.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
As far as it not being frozen down - that all the more reason to use shoes. It may dig at the shoe points, but not the whole width of the blade.

I try to "lower" my shoes, meaning raise the plow/ leave more snow, when the base isn't frozen. Otherwise, you will plow all your gravel off. You want to leave some snow, so once frozen with a good snow base...no issue.

Ed has a great idea.

I offered to do a driveway at a friends house last year with their BX and FEL plow. Husband was in hospital, and wife doesn't know how to start tractor.
Had never been there or used a similar implement.
Their stone driveway is hilly with very tight turns.
Took a little time to figure it out, but worked great after a couple passes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Just turn your blade around and move snow with the back of the blade. Put the 3 point in the float position and you can move snow without disturbing your gravel. I have been doing this on gravel drives for 20 years. Years ago I bought skid shoes for the blade, but I don't use them. They dig into the gravel and make a huge mess.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
On your rear blade when going forward, when the bottom cutting edge is closest to the tractor you are cutting more material (snow). When the bottom edge is further away from the tractor you begin to drag the blade OVER the material. So, once you understand this, you can easily make adjustments with your top link to get the bottom angle you desire.

If you don't want to dig too deep shorten the top link.

When you have the blade reversed (backing up pushing) the angles still apply.