Showtime or snowtime?

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
NWS says 8-10" for us on Friday evening through Sunday AM with possibly more in 'localized areas'. No biggie, I get to exercise my new to me plow. Need to put it on yet. After I put out round bales this am for the stock. Next week, bitter cold is predicted behind the snowfall. Probably be plowing the road as well so my neighbors down the road can get to work.

Need to do some re-arranging in the barn to get the tractor and plow inside. It's full of equipment. Hay tools take up a lot of room.

NWS also says 12-24" for my close friend in Bangor, Maine again with localized amounts likely more on Sunday through Monday afternoon.

Guess he'll be exercising his snow plow as well.

Sure my dog will have a great time, he loves romping in the snow.

First storm for us this winter with any significant accumulation.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Calling for 8-15 in my area of Maine sat night through sun night. Still few days out so Im sure it will change to 1-3 like all the last storms weve had..lol hope not i make money when it snows

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Boy am I glad that I do not live up north anymore. :D:D:D

We will get more rain... Luckily it normally warms up to rain so none of that white stuff. :)

How about some pictures when your out having fun?

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Boy am I glad that I do not live up north anymore. :D:D:D

We will get more rain... Luckily it normally warms up to rain so none of that white stuff. :)

How about some pictures when your out having fun?
I'll do that for sure. I'm a bit concerned that the Kubby will handle a 10 foot plow. I'll be finding out I'm sure, especially doing the road. It's a good mile of dirt road from here to the pavement.

Need to get it over to the bulk diesel tank and top it off too. Don't need to be running low on 'motion lotion' in the middle of a snow event.

At my age, fun is sitting in front of the fire and reading a good book, not plowing snow, cab or not.

tiktock

Jun 27, 2018
Plaistow
Big storm heading my way. Looking like 10-14" best case scenario all snow and worst case a nightmare scenario of snow, followed by a few hours of slush and freezing rain, then a DEEP arctic freeze on monday to turn everything into solid rock.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
"Sydney Metro and Cape Breton County
Winter storm expected to bring major impacts to the region Sunday and Sunday night.

A low pressure system will approach the region from the southwest on Sunday and track across the Maritimes as a large winter storm Sunday night. While it is difficult to give details this far in advance, all indications show a major snowfall event for areas north of the track of the low, a major rainfall event south of the track of the low, and significant amounts of snow, rain and potential for an extended freezing rain event near the track of the low. The precipitation will be accompanied by very strong east to northeast winds ahead of the low's track, shifting to very strong southerly winds south of its track.

Snowfall amounts north of the low's track of 30 cm or higher are possible. Rainfall amounts south of the track in excess of 50 mm are possible. At this time potential tracks of this system range from central New Brunswick to the Atlantic Coast of Nova Scotia. Because the track of the low will be critical in determining how much snow, rain or freezing rain any location will get, even a slight shift in its track will have major effects on the type and amount of precipitation received.

Details should become more clear over the next couple of days as the system gradually develops over the southern U.S."

Hopefully they're wrong and it'll be all rain. I filled up on fuel today just incase. Safe snow removal and travels to all.

mpham

Equipment
B 2650 cab
Nov 15, 2016
Massachusetts
If it doesn’t warm up and sleet we are looking at a possible 24 inches. Will be the first good snow of the season. I can still see my lawn! Only the second time in my 60 years of living here we don’t have a couple of feet on the ground.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
They are calling for 3 to 12 here depends what channel you watch

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
They're saying 12+ and changeover to ice pellets.

Living right on the water, I've long since learned to take the forecast as a rough guess and look out the window in the morning. 4-5 miles inland they'll get whacked, I'll get half of what's predicted followed by rain.

It's been a goofy Winter so far. 5-10 days of bone-cracking cold followed by 2-3 days of high 30's or even 40's and rain. Rinse, repeat.

I think this time I will take the precaution of plugging in the Cabota. It's on a wireless switch so if I get up and find I actually need to move snow, I'll hit the remote before I fire up the Keurig...:cool:

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
They're saying 12+ and changeover to ice pellets.

Living right on the water, I've long since learned to take the forecast as a rough guess and look out the window in the morning. 4-5 miles inland they'll get whacked, I'll get half of what's predicted followed by rain.

It's been a goofy Winter so far. 5-10 days of bone-cracking cold followed by 2-3 days of high 30's or even 40's and rain. Rinse, repeat.

I think this time I will take the precaution of plugging in the Cabota. It's on a wireless switch so if I get up and find I actually need to move snow, I'll hit the remote before I fire up the Keurig...:cool:
Yep same here. How are you liking the 2650 Paul?

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
Yep same here. How are you liking the 2650 Paul?
Overall, LOVING it.

Do have one fairly significant annoyance going on. The hydro pedal creeps out of neutral (posted elsewhere). Everything I've tried has been for naught, still doing it.

Unfortunately, as best I can tell the fix involves removing the cab which is a non-trivial exercise. Not aggravated enough (yet) to tackle it myself and definitely not enough to pay the dealer (I shudder to think what the bill for that would be...) so I've gotten into the habit of feathering the pedal to take the load off and shifting the range lever into neutral when I need to get off the tractor and when parking it.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Overall, LOVING it.

Do have one fairly significant annoyance going on. The hydro pedal creeps out of neutral (posted elsewhere). Everything I've tried has been for naught, still doing it.

Unfortunately, as best I can tell the fix involves removing the cab which is a non-trivial exercise. Not aggravated enough (yet) to tackle it myself and definitely not enough to pay the dealer (I shudder to think what the bill for that would be...) so I've gotten into the habit of feathering the pedal to take the load off and shifting the range lever into neutral when I need to get off the tractor and when parking it.
My 3560 doesn't like to all the way into low range every time so when I shift it and it seems like it's in low I'll hold pressure on the shifter and just give it a little burp forward on the go peddle and I can feel it engage all the way. I looked very hard t the 2650 but my dealer talked me into the 3560 for what I have to do. Either way beautiful tractors. Enjoy the storm and be safe!

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
At my age, fun is sitting in front of the fire and reading a good book, not plowing snow, cab or not.
I hear you. Used to be I loved being out on the tractor but lately it seems more like WORK! :D

Be safe and I'll be waiting on the pics.

coachgrd

Equipment
BX 1870
Aug 1, 2017
Waterford, PA
We are going to get hit pretty good. I do not think it will be the knockout blow they are saying but it will require time in the tractor seat, which is fine by me.;)

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Not sure what we or you will get. I do know my good friend in Bangor, Maine is going to get hammered 18-24" but he can handle it, after all, he's a manic Mainer.

Supposed to be 8-10 here. I won't even go out and plow until it's 6" on the ground. problem here will be the wind. Supposed to be 25-30 mph gusts. That will pile it in 8 foot drifts.

Guess I get to see how the 10 foot plow handles it...:D

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I've learned to not believe a word that they say until just before it gets here and even then.......

Not really their fault when your living on the coast, a seal fart can blow it off course.;)

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Hey Flip, you go out there pushing high drifts better go slow and easy. You have that 10' blade mounted directly to your loader arms. You have not shock system, do you? You're putting all that pressure on your loader arms....you may be testing those cylinders you been bragging about!!!!!