HST foaming?

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
And will what’s left to your children.:)
Won't be much left over. It takes about 30 gallons to service my M9000 and L3000 and both need changed before I start hay season.

$31 a gallon is high but for the amount of hrs I get from the oil it's cheaper than SUDT2.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Won't be much left over. It takes about 30 gallons to service my M9000 and L3000 and both need changed before I start hay season.

$31 a gallon is high but for the amount of hrs I get from the oil it's cheaper than SUDT2.
And it's most certainly cheaper than down time and repair cost from running bad fluid in it! ;)

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY

Of course I buy small quantities, but I'm at about $25/gallon for SUDT2.

I do about 60 hours/year, or about 6+ years/change at a 400 hour interval.

For my BX 3+ gallons every few years, the difference is about $4 PER YEAR! Assuming my small quantity cost was more, I might be up to $6-7 for a year. Bulldog will always profess the extended service life of Amsoil versus others brands, which would reduce my difference.

I'm not trying to sell Amsoil for Bulldog. However, should I change from SUDT2, Amsoil would go in it.

We often bitch about the cost of quality fluids. You just need to put it in the perspective of the cost over it's useful life

Pretty cheap insurance in my book. Always has been.

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Wolfman, I'll agree 100%. I don't understand how a person can spend thousands on a tractor then justify running cheap fluid that can't protect as it should.

RCW, thanks for the kind words. It's a nice change from the normal oil war that gets started. Obviously SUDT2 is a great fluid and Kubota really stepped up when they had it developed. Much better protection that the other Kubota branded fluids.
I don't try to push Amsoil on anyone but do enjoy sharing my knowledge and experience with my orange brothers.

RCW, you brought up the extended service life. Right now my L3000 has a little over 1200 hrs on the fluid and my M9000 has just under 1200 hrs. I've let the 3000 go a little longer because I have busted a couple hyd lines and had to add fresh fluid. I've pulled oil samples on both tractors and the fluid could be run longer but I feel it's time for a full service just because of the hrs I run during the summer now.

Happy tractoring.

jonmad

Equipment
BX2380
Jun 7, 2018
Lebanon
Don’t think anyone could argue the quality of Amsoil. I watched a lubrication demonstration at a machinist show with different lubricants and Amsoil won hands down. Great stuff!

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Yea I use Mystik JT 5 in everything i have, I have had zero hydraulic fluid issues and I've been using it for years.

One thing to check would be your transmission vent (under or around the seat) and make sure it open so it will vent out moisture. ;)
Does Mystic JT-5 meet Kubota SUDT2 specs? According to the specs JT5 is only UDT compatible. That could be the cause of foaming.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Don***8217;t think anyone could argue the quality of Amsoil. I watched a lubrication demonstration at a machinist show with different lubricants and Amsoil won hands down. Great stuff!
jonmad - Given the Authority I Don't Have, I hereby give you the Title "Deputy Proponent of Superior Lubricant Quality/Characteristics/Service Intervals". ...:p

Bulldog will be your supervisor.

Bulldog and I have gone through many conversations with others here surrounding lubricant selection. Service intervals have been a hot topic as well. We are typically in the minority regarding the hotly-contested "50 hour service."

He has large tractors and I have one little one, but our principle regarding maintenance/service is the same....you bought the tractor for a lot of $$$, why skimp now?!?!?

Welcome aboard, Deputy Jon!

Just poking fun, of course...you won't get a badge or anything.....;)

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Does Mystic JT-5 meet Kubota SUDT2 specs? According to the specs JT5 is only UDT compatible. That could be the cause of foaming.
There isn't any difference in regards to foaming between any of the listed fluids.
In other words, Kubota UDT, SUDT2 and JT5 all must meet the same anti foaming requirements.
While most of my equipment is older and was UDT required at the time they were made, I know of several newer tractors that are Running JT5 with no adverse effects such as excessive foaming.

jonmad

Equipment
BX2380
Jun 7, 2018
Lebanon
There isn't any difference in regards to foaming between any of the listed fluids.
In other words, Kubota UDT, SUDT2 and JT5 all must meet the same anti foaming requirements.
While most of my equipment is older and was UDT required at the time they were made, I know of several newer tractors that are Running JT5 with no adverse effects such as excessive foaming.
Thanks to all who responded. Love this forum. Lots of knowledge here and people willing to help others. :)

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
RCW, you worded that so smooth I think you must have spilled a little Amsoil on the key board.

I'm casting my vote, sheriff. :D