I should bloody well know better

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
This morning the OL wanted stuff from the store, I guess the cans of peaches on the shelf are not good enough,, but I digress ,, Well they are calling for snow this week and under the guise being a proactive adult.
I left with diesel cans and gas for the gen set just in case, both got treatment in the cans . Hit the station got gas and ORD tied them back in the truck and headed to the store and then to RK.
Half way through wallyworld, I started thinking dayum I got those full fuel cans in the truck. And with the speed of light I got through the check out, and what to my eyes do I see,,,, the cans still in place. OH BOY!!!!

Then off to RK I just needed a 40 bag of bird feed, in and out 5 min at best. Unlocked the tail gate to toss the bag in and the bed is empty!!!!
2 cans of diesel and 2 gas, freekin gonzo puff into thin air. And I always park AWAY from other vehicles, figure the walk will do me good. I should have known better. So if you have fuel cans in the bed chain them somehow..

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Last edited:

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
It may not help, but wouldn't hurt to ask the RK store manager to review the security cam of the parking lot. May not exist but would be worth asking.

hagrid

Lifetime Member

Equipment
K1600GTL, ZX-14R
Jun 11, 2018
Pittsburgh
Did this happen in 15301? I think there's eyes in the sky if it's the old Gander Mt.

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
yup hagird thats it.
I will make a run over and see what I can see if they will review the tapes for me. Wish I had thought about that when I was there

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Dayum skeets.... sorry to hear that.
I hate a thief too, and have been in the same situation, but mine weren’t stolen....GRR is right!
Might be worth checking to see if there’s cameras.
I have never had a tonneau cover. Too much hassle for bigger loads. Certainly is a justification for one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 w/loader, finish mower, tiller, auger, rake. BX24 w/loader, backhoe
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
yup hagird thats it.
I will make a run over and see what I can see if they will review the tapes for me. Wish I had thought about that when I was there
If they are not too interested in helping you by reviewing the tape and giving you a print out of the criminal activity for you to file a police report you may have to file the police report first to gain access to the tape.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
This morning the OL wanted stuff from the store, I guess the cans of peaches on the shelf are not good enough,, but I digress ,, Well they are calling for snow this week and under the guise being a proactive adult.
I left with diesel cans and gas for the gen set just in case, both got treatment in the cans . Hit the station got gas and ORD tied them back in the truck and headed to the store and then to RK.
Half way through wallyworld, I started thinking dayum I got those full fuel cans in the truck. And with the speed of light I got through the check out, and what to my eyes do I see,,,, the cans still in place. OH BOY!!!!

Then off to RK I just needed a 40 bag of bird feed, in and out 5 min at best. Unlocked the tail gate to toss the bag in and the bed is empty!!!!
2 cans of diesel and 2 gas, freekin gonzo puff into thin air. And I always park AWAY from other vehicles, figure the walk will do me good. I should have known better. So if you have fuel cans in the bed chain them somehow..

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
You must live in a high crime area....lol

I can leave anything in the truck bed and not worry. Could be that NRA sticker on the back window or the bumper sticker that says I'm armed and dangerous... (and I am 99% of the time). Armed that is.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

I can leave anything in the truck bed and not worry. Could be that NRA sticker on the back window or the bumper sticker that says I'm armed and dangerous... (and I am 99% of the time). Armed that is.
YEA, Michigan is super safe and crime free! :rolleyes::rolleyes:
And an NRA sticker automatically stops all crime dead in it's tracks! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine

You better go knock on some wood.;)

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
If you have tie-downs, then a cable or chain through the jerry can handles and a couple of padlocks will slow down any thieves. Plus keep the cans from falling over if you hit a bump.

baronetm

Equipment
L3901HST w/FEL, 3rd fnct. BH77 BH, 5' Bushhog, 6' BBL, 42" Forks, WoodMaxx WM-8H
Apr 19, 2017
South Central VT.
My NRA Life Member sticker didn***8217;t work but a very observant old gentleman did.
I parked my Dodge pickup at Home Depot, per the old gentleman sitting on a bench outside the store, I had not been inside for a minute when two guys in a beat up PU pulled up next to my truck. He said I thought it strange they did not pull fully into the parking spot. He said he could tell they went around my truck but could not see what they were up to and they were there only a few seconds and left.
The old Gentleman stopped me on my way out of the store and reiterated the short story and said my nice looking wheel caps are missing now, steamed at the theft and 200 plus bucks to replace them the old man says don***8217;t get in to much of a tizzy just yet, I got there tag number.
Well a call to the State Police yielded a traffic stop less than a half hour later and the back of the pickup was full of all types of hub caps, these dudes were running an e-bay business selling the caps. Unfortunately our spineless legal system only gave them time served and probation, they called it a victim less crime, bull shit.

But that theft is nothing compared to the home breaking two days before Deer Season and the dirt bag (s) stole 4 firearms and all my hunting clothes, and the cop accused me of stealing my own firearms. A very long loud conversation was had with his chief and hour later. 35 years has passed and that cop now working as a County Sherriff avoids me like the plague, the firearms have never been recovered.

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY

Flip - that's far from an objective assessment. Quite frankly, the "high crime area...lol" remark is offensive to me on skeets behalf. Skeets doesn't need or deserve that.

If you're not in the truck, do your bumper stickers matter to the meth-scumbag that wants to steal something?!?!

I'm a large guy. My kids' buddies used to think I was scary...I carry too....If not in my truck, does it matter?

I live in a very rural place, and I worry about that stuff, like skeets did...I think you need to be sensitive to that. I sincerely hope your truck isn't their next stop...

Several years ago, someone got into my wife's car in a store parking lot. She missed locking it that time. Took her sunglasses, CD's, and other odds/ends from the car. Left a very vulgar/sexual note in the car, thanking her for her donation. They had obviously watched her in the lot.... Was I mad/pissed/furious?!?!?!...bet your ass!

With all that said, God help them dirtbags if I were to catch them one time near my truck, my wife or her car...:eek::eek:

I sincerely hope you're never in the same situation.

Last edited:

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
NRA stickers are a dime a dozen just like putting up Beware of the Dog signs when you don’t have a dog. The scum bags don’t give a Rats A** or can’t read or are to strung out looking for money for the next hit.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Sorry it happened to you skeets. Seems to happen to just about everyone these days in one form or another. I think the days of "good neighborhoods" & "high crime areas" are more & more a thing of the past. Crime is everywhere these days, mainly because of drugs. If it where up to me, we would go back to the old west days when you could (and were expected to) shoot the POS who wronged you. In Arizona, horse stealing is still on the books as a hanging offense. (of course they don't enforce it)
My truck is the modern equivalent of my horse and stealing it should hold the same penalties. What do you think would happen to the auto theft rate if these POS thieves were strung up in the parking lots where they stole cars?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
What do you think would happen to the auto theft rate if these POS thieves were strung up in the parking lots where they stole cars?
I think the parking lots would need a few more light poles till the POS population thinned out! :D

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
YEA, Michigan is super safe and crime free! :rolleyes::rolleyes:
And an NRA sticker automatically stops all crime dead in it's tracks! :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Actually, where I live and farm, it is. Biggest crime around here is domestic violence and public drunkeness. Farmers get loaded and smack their old lady's around. I don't do either.

Don't equate Michigan with Detroit or Flint because I'm not anywhere near there. I'm sure Idaho has it's sewers as well. Every state does.

One thing about it, everyone out here is armed. Way of life. One never knows when a yote might pop up.

I leave my keys in the truck and in the tractors all the time and the house is always unlocked unless we are away for an extended period never had an issue in 36 years.

I have rifle mounts in both tractors as well and carry a Ruger mini 14 ranch rifle always. It fits real nicely against the back upright pillar in both cabs.

NRA stickers on both tractors, I'm a life member and IDPA ember. Are you?