which mfr for grapple?

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
Looking for attachments for my B2650 with cab.

At this point I am looking at a grapple, rear blade(other post on this already) and maybe a spreader(for sand in the winter mostly) and pine needle rake.

Everything attachments seems to be heavily represented on youtube and possibly the same mfr for a couple other brands.

Looked at Land Pride, of course, as well.

Any comments, recommendations or caution for any mfr or particular product?

Thanks

nbking

Equipment
L2501HST 4X4, Rtv-x900
Jul 8, 2018
Sonora, CA
Everything attachments is who I will be using for my grapple. They practically beat the crap out of theirs showing how tough it is, and their 55" wicked grapple is the lightest (200lbs), it will work great on my L2501. I have not heard any bad stuff about other grapples, but for the smaller tractors weight can be one of the more important issues.

Hook

Equipment
L3240 with LA514 FEL, Box Blade, Howard Rotovator, All Purpose Plow, Sub Soiler
Jul 6, 2010
Jackson, Georgia
I purchased the EA 60 inch wicked root grapple for my L3240. It is built tough and weighs approximately 150 lbs more than my bucket. It has done everything I have asked of it. It is my favorite implement. I also purchased the WR Long third function valve.

Cpcareyct

Equipment
L3560 Bh92 Backhoe FEL EA grapple
Mar 18, 2018
Windham Ct
I purchased a Wicked Root Grapple (for compact tractors) from EA
It's a great purchase for my L3560.

Mainah

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501HST, BLMX3164 blower, BB1266 box blade, BX42S chipper, Titan forks
Feb 26, 2018
Standish, Maine
Everything attachments is who I will be using for my grapple. They practically beat the crap out of theirs showing how tough it is, and their 55" wicked grapple is the lightest (200lbs), it will work great on my L2501. I have not heard any bad stuff about other grapples, but for the smaller tractors weight can be one of the more important issues.
I agree totally. EA all the way. There’s a good reason they have a several week backlog.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Probably the most important criteria is weight. Make sure you get a grapple that is well balanced with strength and weight. EA does a good job of paying close attention to this on CUTs. There are other brands, but I would always do a direct comparison with EA. Personally for a B2650 I would look primarily at EA. Maybe Artillian if they have similar pricing/strength/weight.

Mister

Jul 13, 2018
Northwest
You guys wanting to buy a grapple... Have you tried pallet forks, set to the widest setting? I heard guys say you'd be surprised what you can do with them, and they were right. Of course not only can you lift logs and stumps and giant boulders, but you can pull up to a giant pile of cut tree limbs, brush or whatever and just pick it up from the bottom. It holds on to the pallet forks like magic, and you can drive with it like that over to where you need to take them. You wouldn't think it until you try it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Winyah510

Equipment
L2501, LA525, BH77
Nov 28, 2018
Georgetown, SC
Everyone has their own needs and opinions but so far, I’ve been lifting logs and brush with my pallet forks. Holding a 10 ft log with pallet forks on bumpy terrain is slow at best and not exactly efficient in IMHO. I just ordered the EA Wicked 55 grapple to make this type of work easier.

NewtoOrange

Equipment
L2501
Mar 1, 2017
Pleasant Plains, Il. USA
After a LOT of research I went with the Landpride for my L2501. Nothing against EA (will be getting a bucket from them) but the price, shipping and wait time made the LP thru my dealer the way to go. LP is about the same weight as EA, steel is actually a bit thicker, 2 pistons instead of one to close lid and also USA made. Love it so far.

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
You guys wanting to buy a grapple... Have you tried pallet forks, set to the widest setting? I heard guys say you'd be surprised what you can do with them, and they were right. Of course not only can you lift logs and stumps and giant boulders, but you can pull up to a giant pile of cut tree limbs, brush or whatever and just pick it up from the bottom. It holds on to the pallet forks like magic, and you can drive with it like that over to where you need to take them. You wouldn't think it until you try it.

Yes, I tried pallet forks first, and had a miserable two years using them. I move a LOT of brush and logs, and the forks were just inefficient. I picked up the Land Pride Grapple and have since SOLD the pallet forks. Not only do I clear 40 or so downed trees each year, I get semi loads of firewood, and use the Grapple to take them from the log pile to the wood shed for processing.
I also stack and move just about everything with the Grapple. It also works as a way to rake and pickup brush and ground fuel from twigs and branches. It is by far the handiest tool attachment to my Kubota BX25D

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
After a LOT of research I went with the Landpride for my L2501. Nothing against EA (will be getting a bucket from them) but the price, shipping and wait time made the LP thru my dealer the way to go. LP is about the same weight as EA, steel is actually a bit thicker, 2 pistons instead of one to close lid and also USA made. Love it so far.
EA grapple has 2 pistons, at least the 55". Don't really see any operational difference between the LP and EA.

jkcolo22

Equipment
BX25D
Jan 5, 2017
Castle Rock, Colorado
EA all the way. Love mine and their customer service is second to none. You call their 800 number or email them and they are very happy to help you (before or after you make a purchase).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I ordered a grapple from MTL in Tallapoosa, Ga. for my L4240. I have a friend who bought on and it seemed like it would do what I needed and didn't have to weight to receive it. I haven't used it a lot, but got a nice deal on it!

85 Sovereign

Equipment
L4701 HST
May 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
I did a lot of looking around and ended up getting a Tomahawk grapple. I'm using it on a L4701, and its a 72" with two grapple "claws." They don't sell through distributors, but you can get them directly from the manufacturer and sometimes through equipment auctions. The price was good and I have beaten the heck out of it without any problems at all. It is a little large for my tractor, but it had all the features I wanted and it has works really well for me.

Attachments