Rear remote question

Stomper

Equipment
2017 L2501. Landpride Mower. Farm King Snow Blower. DIY Root Bucket grapple.
Jun 30, 2017
Northern Canada
Last winter I installed a electric/hydraulic third function for my grapple on my L2501. Now I am wanting to add a set of rear remote. The power beyond from my loader valve goes to the third function valve P port then from the T port back to the tank. To install the rear remote would I run the tank line from my third function valve to the rear remote valve P port then from the rear remote valve T port to back to tank.
I would need to use an open center valve for the rear remotes, correct?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Last winter I installed a electric/hydraulic third function for my grapple on my L2501. Now I am wanting to add a set of rear remote. The power beyond from my loader valve goes to the third function valve P port then from the T port back to the tank. To install the rear remote would I run the tank line from my third function valve to the rear remote valve P port then from the rear remote valve T port to back to tank.
I would need to use an open center valve for the rear remotes, correct?
No you would run the from the PB port on the FEL to the Power in on the remote, then back out to PB.

If you ran it to the tank you would bypass anything else that need power, like the three point.
The tank connection only comes into play if the remote valve you use has a third tank connection, most don't.

Stomper

Equipment
Jun 30, 2017
Northern Canada
Ok I may have screwed up some of the terminology and be a bit confused between power beyond and tank. What exactly is the difference?
Let me see if I can confuse things some more. So the line that originally ran from the pb of the fel now goes to the power in on my third function valve and comes out of the third function valve back to where the fel pb originally went. And everything works as its supposed to. I think where I screwed up in my original post was I called the pb that is now from my third function a tank line. My bad.
So let me try this again. Can I take the line that comes OUT of my third function to the power in on the rear remote valve and then from the OUT of the rr valve back to where the original pb line went.
From what I am gathering from your post is the pb from the fel feeds the 3ph and other hydraulic functions. I just assumed it went back to tank.
Well if that paragraph doesnt complicate things nothing will.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
So let me try this again. Can I take the line that comes OUT of my third function to the power in on the rear remote valve and then from the OUT of the rr valve back to where the original pb line went.
Bingo, now you've got it!

From what I am gathering from your post is the pb from the fel feeds the 3ph and other hydraulic functions. I just assumed it went back to tank.
Well if that paragraph doesnt complicate things nothing will.
Yep you got that right too! ;)

Stomper

Equipment
Jun 30, 2017
Northern Canada
Thanks for the small lesson in tractor hydraulic Wolfman. I appreciate it.

Stomper

Equipment
Jun 30, 2017
Northern Canada
One more question if you don’t mind. I will need an open center directional control valve for the rear remotes. Correct?
Will it need power beyond on it or will a regular valve work and just use the “T” port as the pb.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
One more question if you don***8217;t mind. I will need an open center directional control valve for the rear remotes. Correct?
Will it need power beyond on it or will a regular valve work and just use the ***8220;T***8221; port as the pb.
Here is where it gets tricky:

You can use simple in and out valve if and only if there is a pressure relief before the valve otherwise you can dead head the system.
Also you would not Tee into the PB, it has to be a continuous loop no tee.
power in and power out from valve to valve to valve.

The only place use can use a tee is for the tank line on a three port valve.

And you can ask as many questions as you need to to get it done.

Stomper

Equipment
Jun 30, 2017
Northern Canada
So the proper valve is open center with a power beyond?
I want to do it right and clean the first time

greeno

Equipment
B2710 w/LA402 FEL, BL4690 hoe, RB1560, GS1560, Haban 5' sickle bar, 5' JD RC
Jul 14, 2018
Big Lake MN
I want to do it right and clean the first time
Draw a schematic, that will help you get a great understanding of how it’s supposed to be plumbed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk