MX5800 rear remote hydraulics

SolbergDave

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5800HST w/LA1065 FEL, Bobcat forks, QH10, RB3784, BB3584, RTA1274
Jul 12, 2018
PHILLIPS, WI
Looking for some help determining parts numbers to add some rear remotes to my MX5800. Pretty confident I can do this myself, just need some help determining parts. (I've already did some web searches) I'm OK going with Kubota parts. I maybe be able to get by with one but I don't think its going to be a big $ penalty to add the second. Here's what I want to do.
1- Add a hydraulic adjustable top link for the three point, obviously need the right cylinder for that also.
2- Port to run a bucket mounted brush hog that uses a hydraulic motor. The unit I'm lookin at is a Lane Shark. Here's the specs from their web site:
**Skid steer quick attach system.
**Hydraulic flow rate of approx. 9 GPM or more.
**5/8 inner diameter hydraulic hoses with ORB motor (current production)
**To run the Lane Shark, you must have rear remotes. Pressure to come from remote only, and return must be to the sump.(CANNOT RETURN THROUGH REMOTES)
Pretty sure I have the flow rate, front attachment good. Any help, Thanks

Last edited:

majorwager

Equipment
MX5100 FEL ford 1620 FEL International 484 FEL Lull 844C
Not sure you have the required capacity for a lane shark. There is always a degree of parasitic loss even w/ steel lines. I have a single rear remote on my MX which was expanded to a duel w/ parts from surplus center. Also have hydraulic top link.

I do not know the max (valve) capacity flow for kubota remotes but suspect it is commensurate w/ the rated volume as the supply/return lines are 3/8 inch flex.

Also not sure a factory port exists to dump oil directly back to the tank. ?? Ruling out fill port do to excessive foaming.

Perhaps a split fitting (tee) at the loader hydraulic block might be the closest opportunity.

Other than a winch, it seems kubota engineers did not anticipate hydraulic motor driven implement such as conventional hydraulic rotary mowers and snow blowers.

I too have looked at the lane shark. Rather expensive as opposed to PTO driven type. !! A hydraulic mower functions best w/ high flow momentum. Lane shark claims acceptable blade til speed @ 10 gpm. BUT, in tough cutting situations, 10 gpm might be rather anemic. Just my hydro experience, but never operated a lane shark.

I built a hydraulic auxiliary power unit which produces a max of 32 gpm at 2500 psi, which will drive most hydraulic tools.

My other concern w/ the lane shark is the offset weight, and torque (lateral) forces exerted upon the MX loader.

I would be more inclined to use that implement on a M 6060 or M 7060. The 7060 likely to provide the necessary flow. If the lane shark is used at full loader height, my MX, would be unstable.

Attachments

Last edited:

majorwager

Equipment
MX5100 FEL ford 1620 FEL International 484 FEL Lull 844C
Another item, not sure a non-kubota remote will bolt to the rear kubota hyd access block. Never seen aftermarket adapters ?? Kubota remotes are expensive, only available as a whole goods item, and cost about $600. Each, material only !!

There is a choice of detent features, necessary for a motorized implement.

Be sure to check detent before ordering !!

NOTE: There are case drain issues and requirements for hydraulic motors. This may be the reason for direct oil return to tank. a very viable concern. I have a small case drain reservoir on the hydraulic finish mower in photo , above post photos.

Last edited: