DPF auto regenerationM6060

shoup

Equipment
m6060
Jan 4, 2019
Howard, Colorado USA
I have a 2013 M6060D ser#50562. The operators manual(3C631-9971-2) I have is for ser# above 58001. I fall in that never never land of different manuals, the one for my tractor should be #3c631-9971-1 and I am not having luck finding one or even a pdf that I can read. So some of the descriptions and pics are off, like the location of the dpf buttons. My question is whether I need to activate auto-regent each time I start the tractor. One video I saw mentioned that some Kubotas needed that and later ones did not because the geniuses at Kubota figured out how to activate auto-regen when the key is turned on.(duh) Why would there be an auto-regen button if it is not to be activated each time I start the tractor?
thanks for any suggestions. John

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I have a 2013 M6060D ser#50562. The operators manual(3C631-9971-2) I have is for ser# above 58001. I fall in that never never land of different manuals, the one for my tractor should be #3c631-9971-1 and I am not having luck finding one or even a pdf that I can read. So some of the descriptions and pics are off, like the location of the dpf buttons. My question is whether I need to activate auto-regent each time I start the tractor. One video I saw mentioned that some Kubotas needed that and later ones did not because the geniuses at Kubota figured out how to activate auto-regen when the key is turned on.(duh) Why would there be an auto-regen button if it is not to be activated each time I start the tractor?
Hi I also have a 2013 model, but the L3560. In one case (ours) if you want to keep the tractor from launching into a regen when you are not expecting it, and say are working in a flammable environment, you do nothing when you start up. If you plan work where the rpm is needed to be high, and you don't mind if it runs a regen, push the auto regen button. Otherwise you need to look out for the flashing light that indicates it wants to regen.

Do you have the Intellipanel so you can see a graph of how full the dpf filter is? If so leave the panel on that screen, and you always have some idea if it going to regen or not. I leave mine on the default inhibit setting until it gets up to 99% and then enable auto regen and then pay attention to the rpm. Mine has been going up and down around 85% for weeks, last regen was in May.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
shoup,
As couple things don't add up.
Where did you get the manual information?

Running the serial # you gave tells me it's a M6040 HDC?
Could just be an omission on Kubota's part.

There is not a M6060D?
Yes exact model type matters!
There is M6060 HD, M6060 HDC, and M6060 HFC

There is also no 3C631-99711.
M6060 HD uses manual 3C131-99712
M6060 HDC and HFC uses manual 3C631-99712

Get the manual here if it is indeed a M6060 HD:

https://kubota.ca/getmedia/0c4e7e18...-ROPS-Default-Auto-OPS-EN-3C13199712?ext=.pdf

Last edited:

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Thanks NIW, that manual helps clarify some things, eg the OP's tractor does not have an Intellipanel. However that manual is up to date for the 2014 and after editions of that tractor, where the default condition at key on is auto regen enabled. His 2013 is the reverse like mine.

Pretty much everything else in the manuals between 2013 and 2014 is the same however, going by the comparison some one gave me for the L60 series.

shoup

Equipment
m6060
Jan 4, 2019
Howard, Colorado USA
Shucks, somehow my reply got dropped because it logged me out, so if this shows up twice I apologize
Thank you guys for the help, you are great, all good suggestions. Wish I had the intellipanel. The tag on the frame shows Type M6060D right above ser number 50562. So I assumed Type and Model were the same but maybe not, then looking on the invoice from Jan 2018 it shows Model M6060HDC, I bought this thing used.
The manual 3C631-9971-1 was for sale on ebay and I just missed out on it, and in the same ad they also have manual 3C631-9971-2 still available, which is the one I got with the tractor, I think the dealer had to order it in. But in the ebay ad they explained the serial number breaks and which manual goes with my serial number. So I was thinking maybe in that earlier manual there are some better start up instructions.
I hope Kubota reads this site from time to time and can weigh in on some topics.
Thanks again for any comments.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Hi shoup, two things:
First, you can fix the double post by clicking on the edit button, and following the menu to delete one of them. It will save one of the moderators from doing it.

Also if you follow this link you can find information written for the L01 and the L60 series relative to the dpf filter management. Yours may be more similar to the 01s than my 60 series.

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28108

Other than the reversal of the auto regen to inhibit regen, pretty much everything else in your updated manual should apply to your 2013, so don't fret too much if you can't find the right manual. And ask here or your dealer.

shoup

Equipment
m6060
Jan 4, 2019
Howard, Colorado USA
Thx, yes I do have a cab model M6060. What is also confusing is the order of the regen lights on the right side of the dash is not like the ones shown in the manual. I have rpm on top, then parked regen light, then auto regen light, but no inhibit light button as shown in the manual pegs 14-17, which makes me think the other manual may show a dash like mine.
Also as an aside I am curious if anyone has heard anything about products like Wynn's that are a fuel catalyst additive that supposedly helps the particulates burn off at a lower operating temp. I wouldn't take a chance on it without having more info but just curious.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Shoup you can figure out your buttons and symbols from the manual you have once you realize Kubota has Indicator Lights and Switches, which also light up. If you read the manual you have, that one clue will help decode the regen directions which are a little hard to follow at first. The switches are the square buttons on the right. The only thing different will be you will have no button with the slash through the regen puffer symbol.. The button in that location will be your Turn Auto Regen On button instead, looks the same but no slash.

At least that is my best guess without being there. Post a picture of your dash and we can try to make things clearer.

I don't know anything about Wynns additive.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
You need at least 5 posts to attach a picture. Reply randomly one more time and then you can attach image file.

shoup

Equipment
m6060
Jan 4, 2019
Howard, Colorado USA
Ok, finally I hope to have this puzzle solved. And many thanks to the Orange Talk contributors for helping me sort this out, After speaking with another Kubota tech in southwest Colorado, he was familiar with the manual discrepancies in 2013 and why it happens, so with my M6060 you DO have to push the Auto-Regen button when you start the tractor, after Ser#58001 the brainiac geniuses at Kubota figured out to make the auto-regen come on when you turn the key, therefore the Inhibit button on newer tractor is where the Auto button is on my dash.
Then for me to inhibit regen, I have to push the auto button till the light goes off, and then it is in inhibit mode.
And for a small fee, over $1000, there is a kit so I can convert mine to the more idiot proof version with keyed auto-regen.
So if he can find it, he will get me some pdf pages from that manual and I will be happy to share with anyone that has the same issue. And I can have a copy in the cab for other operators.
All this because I got the wrong Operators Manual when I got the tractor.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Well I have finally caught up to where you are, and was curious about top button which I don't have and so forth. FWIW top button in your picture is Constant rpm Management Control, useful for keeping speed constant when load fluctuates. See page 43 in pdf Wolfman posted above.

Middle button is the one you push if you need to begin a parked regen. Most of us never use it.

The bottom button that has auto written on it is the one you push any time you want to enable auto regeneration.

Really it is not a big deal, certainly not worth $1000! If every time you get on and start the tractor, you push that button you will have the same situation as the newer tractors. Don't push it when you don't want it to start a regen. Make sure you understand the regeneration process before you decide it was a stupid design.

shoup

Equipment
m6060
Jan 4, 2019
Howard, Colorado USA
Thank you for the reminder on the Post by Wolfman, I need to get familiar with that rpm function as well. Kind of glossed over that one.
Yes the $1000 + fix for changing out the autoregen button is kind of ridiculous. Also the service tech recommended running at least 1600 rpm whenever possible to help keep the dpf cleaner. I probably will put a paint mark on the tach just as a visual for multiple operators, I did that with some of my older Dodge diesel trucks too.