Price check / help me pull the trigger

Keeth1123

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Dec 13, 2018
Sunshine state
Hello all,

First off I must say that I didn’t think I would post to here as I have read many articles from this site that lead to my decision thus far. My wife and I are currently closing on 5 acres of land that used to be an old
Grove. The plans are to build our dream home and live in it forever.

The land has been cleared and the former trees have been pulled from the soil and burned. This has left large holes over the property that simply need to be filled in by pulling the dirt back flat.

We are also looking at fencing the property ourselves as well as adding at least a driveway from the house to a barn and making a large barn parking pad in the future.

Currently, the whole lot would need to be cut with a rotary cutter until grass can be established, probably several years from now. At that point, I would transition to a belly mower and be done. I originally wanted a John Deere 1025r after watching a certain YouTube channel. However after looking at one and other bigger green tractors, I was a little let down. Ultimately I found several features with Kubota I like and only one I’m unsure of.

Next I like the next size up tractor feom a sub compact. After all my reading I think I want (need lol) a 2650. I have not found any local packages however the quote I received was for

2650, FEL (quick), box blade, rotary cutter and r4 tires for 20,400. This is of course with 0 down and 0% for 5 years.

The down side is it does not include a tractor and I have not seen one of these in person. Am I looking at too much tractor for these tasks?

Also, who offers insurance and what is the rough cost of that.

Thank you and looking forward to being a long time member

jmf78

Equipment
BX23S W/ Factory Deluxe Cab, 60" MMM, 60" BX-2612 Snow Blade & BX-2816 Blower
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
Next I like the next size up tractor feom a sub compact. After all my reading I think I want (need lol) a 2650. I have not found any local packages however the quote I received was for

2650, FEL (quick), box blade, rotary cutter and r4 tires for 20,400. This is of course with 0 down and 0% for 5 years.

The down side is it does not include a tractor and I have not seen one of these in person. Am I looking at too much tractor for these tasks?
Never too much tractor. Is it enough is the question. I'm sure youll be getting responses on this soon but, I'd say yeah, it'll definitely do the taks and then some.

Also, who offers insurance and what is the rough cost of that.
Get that through Kubota.
http://ktacinsuranceagency.com

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
Back in July I was quoted 21500 for L2501HST package here in Tx. I was going to go get it when I ran across nearly new 3301 with what I wanted.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I think a B2650 would be awesome for that work. It definitely has the capability. Strictly a BX could do most of it, other than driving an auger for fencing. That legitimately needs a bigger tractor - a 2601 or 2650, and I'd agree a 2650 is better. Making roads is also probably better with a 2650 - even then you would do it slowly (a bigger machine would do it faster). Personally I would hire out the road creation, having a guy with skills set all the levels and camber properly at the start is much better, and then maintain with your 2650.

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
I looked hard at the B2650 hst cab. For me my decision was driven more by tractor weight and “features”, and I ended up with an L4060 htc cab.
Easy to recommend a larger machine, but I didn’t buy enough tractor in 2002 (L3410 open station). The grand L’s have some very nice (and useful) features.
Anyway... the 2650 is a capable machine, just not heavy enough to suit MY snow plowing needs. If you look at any larger B’s be sure to do your homework on the B3350, as it is a very problematic tractor (for some owners).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Hi Keeth,

Glad to hear you are heading towards a tractor.

Be careful not to build over organic materials (ie tree roots), if they are big enough they will eventually decompose and could lead to foundation issues.

First...price. The best way to ensure you are getting a competitive price is to get quotes from multiple dealers in your area, and maybe one larger dealer online (Barlow, Messicks, etc). In the end I recommend getting from a local dealer, but you can always use competitive quotes to get a better deal. Different areas of the country are just going to command different prices. If you can get 3-4 good quotes from areas in FL you would be willing to buy from, this should be sufficient.

I would not get an advertised package deal. Often the implements and the trailer are of a cheaper variety (lightest metal, etc). Find the tractor you want with the features and implements you want. Get a price for them. Make sure you research the different grades of implements and understand what you are getting for your money. Landpride has both a website for all implements, as well as a product catalog you can get from a local dealer.

Go and demo/operate these machines if you havent yet. You can also check out the B2601, it is just a bit smaller than the B2650. Drive them, operate the FELs, use the HST like you would on your property. Try to picture yourself doing a few things while you are using it at the dealer. This will undoubtedly help solidify a decision or send you in another direction.

Specifically, the B2650 seems like a fine choice. It has a slightly larger frame than the B2601, and a more deluxe operating platform. That said I can also find no faults with a B2601.

Regarding KTAC, just get it. If you are really lucky you can get your own underwritten for a bit less, but there are likely exclusions that arent in KTAC such as operating on someone elses' property.

If you have questions about proper landpride B series matched implements, check here. If you need more clarification I am sure there are many here that have experience with this size of implement.

Best of Luck in your search!

Mainah

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501HST, BLMX3164 blower, BB1266 box blade, BX42S chipper, Titan forks
Feb 26, 2018
Standish, Maine
A B2650 sounds like a good choice for your needs. For ground work like with a bob blade and loader the more weight you have the better so you might consider a L2501 unless you’re really into the creature comfort features on the B. They’re about the same price within a couple hundred but the L is more basic and weighs about 1k lbs more due to a cast steel rear end instead of the aluminum on the B. It’s also a little wider and more stable but in Fl you’re probably not worried about that too much.
I’m on a 1.5 acre lot and have no issues maneuvering around with my L2501. I think it’s great that Kubota offers two choices in this size and price range. The two have very close specs for lifting but even there extra weight in the tractor is your friend. So for my money the choice was bling or more capability.
The other considerations are if you want a cab or a mid mount mower the B is the way to go unless you make a big jump to a grand L. On 5 acres I’d probably opt for a 3 pt mower instead of a belly mower anyway.
Hope I didn’t confuse things, just offering other options.

Keeth1123

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Dec 13, 2018
Sunshine state
Thanks for the replies.

Do all of the loaders quickly come off of the tractor or is that system an option. I am referring to the videos of owners quickly and easily removing the whole fel assembly from their machine, not just the bucket.

rjcorazza

Equipment
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
I believe all of the recent model kubotas allow for rapid and convenient loader removal, but I am not 100% certain.
Across 2 tractors and 16 years I have only removed the loader once (just to do it). I do, however, use the ssqa bucket removal feature very frequently, which IMHO is a must have feature!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
The loader on the B2650 is easy to take on and off, as well as the backhoe. It does have the mid PTO for the belly mower you mentioned while the L series does not. I think it would suit your needs just fine. Only thing I don't know about is the rear PTO needs of the post hole diggers. If you plan on using one for fencing, I'd recommend you look at required PTO outputs. If 19hp or less, the B2650 will do just fine. Of course I'm biased, I absolutely love mine.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
The loader on the B2650 is easy to take on and off, as well as the backhoe. It does have the mid PTO for the belly mower you mentioned while the L series does not. I think it would suit your needs just fine. Only thing I don't know about is the rear PTO needs of the post hole diggers. If you plan on using one for fencing, I'd recommend you look at required PTO outputs. If 19hp or less, the B2650 will do just fine. Of course I'm biased, I absolutely love mine.
This is the key. No mid PTO on the L series. If you want a belly, then you need to stick with the B.

rjcorazza

Equipment
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
The B2650 is more than enough tractor to run a PHD for fence posts. Post holes are not horsepower intensive, but require enough 3 point height to raise a 3’ auger above ground level.
I installed my fence with a smaller B8200 years ago and other than needing front weights it worked fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I have a B2650 and an L3560, but no experience with an auger or placing fence posts with either of them. If you are thinking of horse fencing with 8 foot 4 by 6s, I am not sure I could do it very easily with the B 3pt hitch. It doesn't lift that high to place auger. See if you can find a dealer with a salesmen with some practical experience with implements or maybe someone with a b 2650 that has tried it and can suggest which augers will work will chime in.

I just priced getting some fence replacement done, new posts etc, and the cost was staggering. Better to plan on doing it yourself, so the right equipment is worth it.

Keeth1123

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Dec 13, 2018
Sunshine state
I have a B2650 and an L3560, but no experience with an auger or placing fence posts with either of them. If you are thinking of horse fencing with 8 foot 4 by 6s, I am not sure I could do it very easily with the B 3pt hitch. It doesn't lift that high to place auger. See if you can find a dealer with a salesmen with some practical experience with implements or maybe someone with a b 2650 that has tried it and can suggest which augers will work will chime in.

I just priced getting some fence replacement done, new posts etc, and the cost was staggering. Better to plan on doing it yourself, so the right equipment is worth it.

I was shocked at the price of materials alone.

I dropped off my Kubota credit application today. The dealer locally was 1,500 cheaper than another dealer further away. I haven’t been able to see one in person yet, the B2650, bit was told it was close to an L2501DT in regards to size. Any truth to this?