Zero Turn Mowers

Ernie1945

Equipment
G4200 lawn tractor, new Z231-kw-42 zero turn
Mar 2, 2022
Crystal River, Fl
Ok new forum member, Fl Nature Coast homeowner with .8 Acre lot .

Here is the Story: Mon went to Lecanto, FL Kubota Dealer with credit pre-approval.
Dropped off forms and went home to measure trailer for fixed ROP Bar.

Went back to tell them to deliver because would not fit in trailer and see if deal went thru.

Tues 11AM they delivered my Z231KW-42, zero down, zero interest, 36 months
with sales tax, & insurance $126 month, 4 pm E -mailed loan papers

I was impresssed it was not expensive big equipment deal.

Florida Coast Equipment for hassle free deal on smallest Kubota Zero Turn mower.
8C8A4189-7036-4BE3-BDD5-008DC54AAF96.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
Ernie, congrats on the new mower! If you are only mowing .8 acres, that machine will make easy work of it. Up here in NH, it will still be a couple of months before the grass grows. That said, a quick update on mine...no problems with it for the remainder of the 2021 season. Its at about 200 hours now. I'll change the oil and clean the air filter...good to go.

Reactions: 1 user

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
I'll have to start the mowing season in the next few weeks. Time to blow the dust off, change fluids/filters, and top off the battery. Glad I filled both tanks with treated fuel 2 months ago when non-corn gas was affordable.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
+1 on a lifetime investment. I'd love to have a Kubota Diesel but the 8 grand price of admission is beyond my wallet capability.

I have a commercial Cub Cadet 60" Tank, loaded with grease fittings and twin Hydro Gear commercial pumps with spin on filters. and a Kawasaki 24 horse V Twin. 8 years old and besides new blades every spring, a couple spindles and belts (ll of which I consider consumable items), I have had no issues and I mow almost 7 ares. I have just under 700 hours on the machine and it runs and cuts just like new. I recommend them for longevity. Not cheap (I paid just about 5 grand for mine. Worth every penny. I change the Hydro Gear pump oil every 2 years and the engine oil 2 times a year with filter. It has a service interval timer that tells me when to do service and grease it.
I bought my ZD326 12 years ago and I thought it was expensive. I can sell it now used for the same price I paid for it. New ones are crazy priced.

I've only put on new bar tires for traction, an air seat for comfort, and new blades every season. This mower is bullet proof so far and will likely last my lifetime.

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
Bought a Ryobi ZT480e. It's 48v with four 12v lead acid batteries. Works great. Does the whole lawn on about 15-25% battery capacity, around a 1/2 acre. Climbs hills okay straight up or backwards down but have to watch out for compound slopes.

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
Unable to say for the model but with a ZT hope you don't have hills, most are not good if the angle increases. How much land you cutting?

As others mentioned do get a commercial model with heavy deck, I have one which is over 20 years and still going strong
I mowed commercially for ten years after getting outsourced and laid off from my 35 yr career job. Exmark Lazer HP w/23hp Kawasaki. That mower was a beast on hills…some of the properties I had were monster, steep and long…no problem other than a slight slide now and then on the downhill pass if I was going too fast. My current property has hills that I mow with my BX MMM. It does fine as well in 4WD. I am also considering a Z-turn “life mower” and save hours on my BX.
My dealer has Kubota, Gravely and Husqvarna zero turns in stock…I have to say the Husky looked impressive.
They have Exmark walk-behind mowers but no ZTs

Last edited:

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
Looked at some ZT mowers today at Kubota and Toro dealer. The Toro Titan looks pretty good but is still a full homeowner mower where the Z400 series looked to be beefier and with better wheel motors. I’m leaning towards a Z422 that has a Kawasaki 24hp motor and wider caster tires and I think would be better for softer ground…also the suspension seat for my 72 yr old bones. $8449 plus fees. Should be a lifetime mower for me.
Was looking at the 700 series but I think full commercial is overkill.

CGMKCM

Equipment
RVT-1100C, ZD323, L4760
Jan 26, 2021
Randolph county N.C.
I bought my ZD326 12 years ago and I thought it was expensive. I can sell it now used for the same price I paid for it. New ones are crazy priced.

I've only put on new bar tires for traction, an air seat for comfort, and new blades every season. This mower is bullet proof so far and will likely last my lifetime.
X2 on this post ZD 323 13 years old 1500 hrs. I ditched the stock rear turf tires and switched to Carlisle Versa Turf tires. Does much better mowing downhill on my steep slopes.

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
X2 on this post ZD 323 13 years old 1500 hrs. I ditched the stock rear turf tires and switched to Carlisle Versa Turf tires. Does much better mowing downhill on my steep slopes.
Those look very good for traction! Thanks for the heads up! Depending on how the straight turfs do on my hills, I may have to go this route as well. Just ordered the new Z422KW54 from my dealer who has one in stock in a nearby state. Mowing will be fun with this new toy! And I can sell my 60” MMM and never again have to crawl under my BX to fight attaching the mid-PTO shaft.😊

Reactions: 2 users

bbxlr8

Equipment
L2501 w/R14s, LA525, BH77, SGC0660, CL 5' BB, CL PHD, WG24 + Ford 1210 60" mmm,
Mar 29, 2021
Eastern PA
And I can sell my 60” MMM and never again have to crawl under my BX to fight attaching the mid-PTO shaft.😊
Yes sir - that game s*cks! Just did it last weekend...

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
My new Kubota Z422 54” is being delivered today! I have one question from reading the owners manual regarding LEVELING THE MOWER DECK.
Manual says to lay a 2” block on the floor then lower the deck to measure…I don’t quite understand the 2” block? If you are setting the blade height to match the number in the adjuster knob, it says “set the knob to #3 then lower the deck”
“Now measure from the floor to the blade edge to check the height and adjust to 3”
If the deck is on 2” blocks, when measuring, how does that equate to a 3” cutting height when the blocks are removed??? Just not getting the block thing.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
Don’t know…no delivery yet!😂
I will get to the “bottom” of it soon though…figured one of the z400 series owners would pipe in…
They just delivered my new zero turn…
I was in the basement and heard the dog barking upstairs…I came up and the mower was parked in front of my garage and no delivery person was in sight…kinda surreal.🤔

bbxlr8

Equipment
Mar 29, 2021
Eastern PA
They just delivered my new zero turn…
I was in the basement and heard the dog barking upstairs…I came up and the mower was parked in front of my garage and no delivery person was in sight…kinda surreal.🤔

I would LOVE it if the Kubota fairies dropped one off at my house... :p

Reactions: 1 users

bbxlr8

Equipment
Mar 29, 2021
Eastern PA
Just a pic of my BX25D in Winter mode. Next week (after the threat of surprise blizzards has “passed”) the BX will be back to tractor mode and I will clean up her 60” deck for selling. No more mowing duties for her.
I thought that would be June in NH :p

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
Update on my Z421 54" mower. After writing a pretty flowery review before, the 2022 mowing season was not as kind to me. My mower is 3 seasons old and has 350+ hours on it. One junk rear tire (not the mowers fault), 2 of 4 motor mounting bolts fell out, a deck spindle bearing failed, and most worryingly the engine has blown a head gasket and may need to be completely replaced. It is at the dealer - we shall see.