ROPS Threaded Hole

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Uhm, there is no gotcha. As stated, O.P. has a B2650 and that was where the thread/conversation were pertaining to!

Current prouct below:

So BX (knob)
B standard or deluxe current product (nothing)
L standard (jamb bolt) grand (nothing)
MX (nothing)

Pat
Pat I think firemail meant gotcha in the sense of "I get it" not "I got you!"

In any case I'd like to know if there is something adequately strong that would fit and latch without all that threading? I know some people have drilled out the threads but I don't want to do that, but it takes too long standing on a stepstool to twist out the bolt every time I need to lower the rops.

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge

In any case I'd like to know if there is something adequately strong that would fit and latch without all that threading? I know some people have drilled out the threads but I don't want to do that, but it takes too long standing on a stepstool to twist out the bolt every time I need to lower the rops.
Oh damn!:eek: :eek:. Then my sincere and most humble apologies to firemail.

Pat

Wolf515

Equipment
BX1870
Apr 12, 2017
North East, PA
+1 my BX1870 had them already on when I looked over it on the lot. So not sure if it came from the factory that way or a dealer installed.

JustinB60

Equipment
LX2610 w/LA535, QH15, PL1242
Mar 31, 2018
USA
My B2301 (bought brand new from dealer 10/2016) had one installed and it doesn't back all the way out, so it can't get lost I assume. The other side of the ROPS isn't even threaded, so I guess only one can be installed on my tractor.
My B2601 has only one of the threaded nuts welded to ROPS as well. Mine is also M10x1.25 (fine pitch). Also note the bolt needs to be longer than 20mm in length... 25mm seemed to fit fine with a little bit of length left.

Last edited:

beaterboss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901, LA525-FEL, BMLX-3164 3pt Blower, 72" Coteck Sno Pusher, 60" Box Blade
Feb 20, 2017
St.Francois,New Brunswick. Canada

I hear ya Sheepfarmer. I replaced the screw-in type on my old 2501 with as close to the same size pin as possible, then ground them down a bit to fit tight. I didnt want to drill out the original threads that were there. Spring pin on the other side of the pin, and you are good to go. Didnt even get out of the seat to lower the ROPS anymore. Worked great.

JustinB60

Equipment
LX2610 w/LA535, QH15, PL1242
Mar 31, 2018
USA
What size bolt is needed. I didn't get them with my L2501, but I would like to put an eyebolt in there to hang my water jug off of.
The answer is just a few posts up from where you asked... unless for some reason the B2601 is different than L2501

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN
This is what works in my '18 B2650
Nice. I was thinking about getting a bit longer of a bolt with a nut and a lock washer.

Tighten the bolt snug then then tighten the nut and lock washer down towards the welded nut so it wont back out.

I might try to find yellow zinc hardware so it somewhat matches the pins, but I can be a bit picky at times too.