L3301/l3901 width

Ryansweatt2004

Equipment
2017 kubota L3901HST
Jul 2, 2015
West gardiner maine, USA
Hey everyone, I'm pretty new to this forum and planning to buy my first kubota tractor this coming spring. Hopefully I'll be getting either the l3301 or the l3901 depending on what sort of deal I can get. For now I'm in the process of retrofitting/building an 18ft 7k trailer from an old camper frame to haul the machine once I purchace it. The I've looked all over and I haven't been able to find a maximum width for this size tractor with r4 industrial tires. All I've found is the minimum vehicle width which I assum is with R1 ag tires. I can only get a maximum deck width on my trailer of 72 inches. Just looking for info on the max width of this model of tractor to see if it will fit between my trailer fenders. Any help is appreciated.

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
If you download the operators manual, it should have all the various widths the rear tires can be set to. I'm not sure of the differences between R1 vs. R4. I know the R1 rims on my L3200 are highly adjustable depending on how you mount them, etc. The R4's may be different.

Ryansweatt2004

Equipment
2017 kubota L3901HST
Jul 2, 2015
West gardiner maine, USA
Thanks for the replies. I'm really just trying to plan ahead. Worst case scenario I'll just end up trading my trailer for a larger one but would like to save the money and keep the one I've been building. Also, ive looked all over the kubota specs on the kubota Website. It only states

"overall width (min. tread) 55.1 inches"

Is that 55.1 inches the overal minimum width with ag tires or industrial? If I order it with ag tires I know my trailer will be fine. My plan is to most likely get the industrial tires though which brings up my concern for overall width. Obviously R4 industrial tires are much wider than the ags so I'm just trying to find out if the tractors overall width with industrial tires will comfortably clear the 72 inch space between my trailer fenders. I can't seem to find any more info on this. I suppose worst case if I can't find the measurement it will give me an excuse to go drool over some new tractors at the dealership and bring a tape measure with me.

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
On my L3200, the MAX width with any tires is obtained with the R1's in the outermost position, and that's 51.0". You can probably assume it's the same configuration on the L3301 but sounds like it sits a little wider at 55.1". The R4's just don't seem to have the adjustability of the rims like the R1's do. Then again, they are multi-purpose dirt/hard surface tires. If you're going to be in the dirt or grass all the time, R1's are the way to go anyway.

Ryansweatt2004

Equipment
2017 kubota L3901HST
Jul 2, 2015
West gardiner maine, USA
Thanks for the info, the l3200 is basically the same tractor as the 3301 so that's good to know. Main purposes for wanting to purchase the tractor will be snow removal in the winter, recreational logging year round to get my own firewood and some gravel road maintenance. I plan to purchace one with the FEL to start and eventually get a log winch, box blade and possibly a grapple. Personally I prefer the look and added traction that the ag tires have but I'm being realistic. I may have to drive down the road or on other peoples lawns at some point so ag tires may not be the best option. Regardless I need a good excuse to tell the wife why I need to go to the dealer other than to drool over tractors lol.

Sammy3700

Equipment
L3800HST,524Loader,BH77,Landplane,Disk,Mowers and more
Feb 20, 2012
Red Springs, NC
You will be good at 72. Mine (L3700SU) has a 60" bucket and it is wider than the tractor tires I have R4s. Same frame as the ones you are thinking of just 2010 model.

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
I actually like the look of the R4's but my L3200 will rarely see anything hard to run on so the R1's are perfect for me. Yes, the added traction in soft stuff is a bonus. As far as snow goes, I'm not sure if R1's or R4's are better. That would be an interesting comparison.

mikes1165

Equipment
L3901DT, LA525FL, King Kutter 6' finishing mower, 5' Bush Hog Squealer,Box blade
Jul 30, 2015
Mulga
Just bought an L3901 this week with R1 ag tires. set at their widest they are 63" outside to outside. Going to put spacers on it to get it wide enough.

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
The loader bucket width is 66" on my L3200, so that is a pretty good width to shoot for. It'll fit fine in your 72" trailer. I put 2-1/2" spacers on the rear end, using R4s. It is interesting that you have to use SOMETHING with the R4s if you plan on tire chains for snow - the stock width is too narrow to fit the chains between the tire and fender...
Since then I've gone over to R1s, and am much happier! Spacers are from The Tracks Company, an ebay seller. They are awesome.