My new core aerator

monoptn

Sep 13, 2018
Clarksville, TN
Decent plugger aerators are as scarce as hen's teeth! I have been watching all the sites for a couple of months for a used heavy duty 5' plugger, and finally found one. I didn't get a steal of a deal, but I got a solid implement in good shape, and paid nothing close to a new one. It should weigh about 650 lbs when filled with water.

Attachments

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Very nice, have been looking for one too...no luck but someday.

JackJ

Equipment
BX1870-1
Mar 14, 2016
Indiana
Nice! You probably know this, but you will need to drive very straight with that beast—any turns will change your work from aerating to tilling. And if your soil is anything like mine, you’ll want to use it after (but not right after) a heavy rain when the ground is soft but not soaked.

My daughter refers to my aerator as the “cat turd maker” due to the unattractive cores it leaves across the lawn. But it sure has helped my grass.

monoptn

Sep 13, 2018
Clarksville, TN
Nice! You probably know this, but you will need to drive very straight with that beast—any turns will change your work from aerating to tilling. And if your soil is anything like mine, you’ll want to use it after (but not right after) a heavy rain when the ground is soft but not soaked.

My daughter refers to my aerator as the “cat turd maker” due to the unattractive cores it leaves across the lawn. But it sure has helped my grass.
Yep, no doubt! I have aerated mine occasionally with a 4 foot pull behind with weights. But I always had to get off and on my mower to raise and lower the tines, and the weights were always falling off. Obviously, since the tines are on the same sphere, turning will be a bit destructive.

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
Nice find!

I hope it didn't aerate the truck bed during transportation. :D

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I bought a core aerator when I bought my tractor in 2004 or 05, but never used it till last year. The biggest nuisance for me is removing the back hoe, and putting the 3 point hitch onto the tractor. As a result, it was only used once, and now sits outside like a redheaded step child. When I fix my 3 point hitch, I will probably use it once again.