MX5000 no hydraulics

BeaverBrook

Jan 19, 2019
Ct USA
Acquired MX5000 with front loader 4 wheel drive,

It has not been maintained much.

Over the summer it was under old ownership, and it started up fine and all hydraulics and PTO worked fine before back into barn before winter, It was being used on horse farm to brush cut and move manure.

It was back into Barn with brush hog still attached at end of summer noticed leaking hydraulics out of the shifter, and it was milky in color.
(Have not started it or moved it since was put in barn at end of summer, I would say its been at least 4 months since it moved)

In last several days started to work on it and to see why there was a leaking from shifter, and noticed water got into hydraulics do to neglect from last owner leaving outside or some other reason unknown. The rear glass viewer was over the top with hydraulic fluid and this is reason leaking from shifter.

Before I drained the hydraulics, I started it up, and had no hydraulics at all, the front steering did not work, no PTO and front wheels were locked up, the four wheel drive lever was in off position

Drained out at least 12 to 14 gallons of hydraulics, and changed out filter.
(Very Milky Color)

I filled the hydraulics up past the site glass as specified in the manual and let the tractor run for few minutes. The fluid stayed above the site glass.

I put in at least 10 to 11 gallons of hydraulics, The parts dealer said it should take around 12 gallons +/-

Still no Hydraulics or PTO, same symptoms above.
any help would be mostly appreciated, before have it brought into service department.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You could crack the outlet line and try and burp the pump.
That is a 2 section pump and the fact that neither section is doing anything points to it being vapor locked.

ian elliott

Equipment
Kubota MX5000
Sep 7, 2020
You could crack the outlet line and try and burp the pump.
That is a 2 section pump and the fact that neither section is doing anything points to it being vapor locked.
Assume the outlet line is the return line (2) in the WSM?

Crack it, run the engine, be prepared to stop/re-tighten the return line - it will leak a lot of fluid if the pump is working correctly?

Symptoms - Jerky 3p, jerky hydraulics on the front loader, unreliable PTO startup, steering jerky at startup and fails when running for 15-20 minutes. Hissing noise in the vicinity of the hydraulic pump.

I have the same machine as the previous post - neglected MX5000 - brand new hydraulic fluid, turned milky immediately after restarting.