Anybody know about woodmaxx

Orange Bomber

Equipment
Kubota BX2660
Oct 20, 2017
Holliston
WoodMaxx snow blowers seam to be a fair price and they are heavier then the other brands. Anybody have input on WoodMaxx snowblowers?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
WoodMaxx snow blowers seam to be a fair price and they are heavier then the other brands. Anybody have input on WoodMaxx snowblowers?
Never messed with the snow blowers, the chippers have a good rep however.;)

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
TSTEA- how well does it throw the snow?
Orange.......

Can I point out something that may change how you view blower throwing distance.

Imagine standing with a bucket of baseballs. The first test has you throwing them 100' in a fixed amount of time. Now increase the distance by 50% and throw the balls in the same amount of time.

Unless you are a star athlete, you will be much more fatigued throwing the same number of balls a greater distance. There is no free lunch either when it comes to snow blowers. Distance comes at the expense of requiring more power and fuel.

If you really need distance, then buy a blower where the drum rotates and the snow completely bypasses the chute and comes directly off the tip of the fan. This feature adds a lot to the price.

This video make the design function very easy to understand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiSuVMq-byw

This photo from the Schulte web site shows how far the snow can be thrown with the side discharge

http://www.schulte.ca/product/snow_removal/rdx117_snow_blower2.html

Gravely walk behind snow blowers have a feature where the drum and chute rotate so the snow is not being influenced by the chute and the distance the snow is thrown is much further,

When choosing a snow blower, owners often forget about the importance of the angle that their pto shaft will have to operate at.

Measure the height of your tractor's pto shaft above ground. Now compare that measurement to the radius of the blower fan. Radius not diameter. Radius is 1/2 of the diameter so a 22" fan diameter would have an 11" radius.

If your pto shaft is say 15" above ground level, the height of the pto shaft at the blower end will be the radius of 11"

This means your pto shaft U joints are gong to be operating at an angle. The degree of the angle depends upon the vertical difference in height between the tractor pto and the center of the blower fan plus how close the blower is to the tractor.

Why this is important has to do with the life expectancy of the pto joints.

This chart shows how quickly the pto joint life decreases as the operating angle increases.

A pto angle of 5 degrees has a life expectancy of 450 hours.

Increase the pto joint angle to 25 degrees and the joint life is a very short 20 hours.

These figures can be disputed by owners who claim to have long life while having large pto joint angles. The designers of these shafts spend many hours testing and rating their products. I think it is wise to be guided by the designers ratings.

Dave

p.s my wife complains I can never give a simple answer to a question and I have done it again here. I hope my lengthy answer helps and does not confuse you!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yep your an engineer ,,lol,,, You also left out the density of the snow, wet vs dry fluff. I also get accused of the same thing,, when you finish, you get that look like I don't care how the daym things works,,, a simple yes it will or no it wont is all I asked for.
And then you stand there with that look of, I just told you don't you listen,,:D

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Yep your an engineer ,,lol,,, You also left out the density of the snow, wet vs dry fluff. I also get accused of the same thing,, when you finish, you get that look like I don't care how the daym things works,,, a simple yes it will or no it wont is all I asked for.
And then you stand there with that look of, I just told you don't you listen,,:D
Skeets

At least Vidiot got something from my dissertation. :)
"I'm not in the market for a snow blower at the moment but that is great info on PTO longevity!"
Dave

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Dave, Skeets, when it comes to mechanical things I appreciate a detailed explanation. On some social matters or current events...not so much.

I have a friend who I visit with frequently because he drives to other cities for is job, and I often visit with him when he's on his home trip just to help keep him awake. I try not to ask many questions, just listen. He's one of those guys who if I ask him what time it is he tells me how to built the watch, over and over!!

It was General McArthur who said, "Don't every issue a communique that can be understood. Issue a communique that can not be misunderstood!

Heli8ight

Equipment
L4060
Feb 5, 2018
New Hampshire
I know this a old post but I have a Woodmaxx SB84 rear mount snow blower on order and would like to know if there are any follow ups to the existing reviews. I'm not looking for anything to throw snow 100' and cant see how that is not just plain over kill in most situations. As mentioned the price is right.

Last edited:

Michigankubota

Equipment
B2650 Loader,LX 2980-64 Blower ,60”MMM , Land Pride 60”Box Blade.
Oct 17, 2018
Bessemer, Western U.P.
I know this a old post but I have a Woodmaxx SB84 rear mount snow blower on order and would like to know if there are any follow ups to the existing reviews. I'm not looking for anything to throw snow 100' and cant see how that is not just plain over kill in most situations. As mentioned the price is right.

I’ve been also looking at the WoodMaxx 60 blower for next year, they seem to be built heavier then Farm King and others. How are you guys liking your Woodmaxxs?

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
I bought one this fall. I've used it 4 five times so far. Seems to work fine. I never really push my tractor to 540 even when bush hogging. Only once I had the RPM's cranked that high blowing the snow. I like it. I'm jelious now because they will actually be made in USA. Mine is made by Ho-Chi-min. But still to their specs they told me.
I got the electric chute rotator. Its quick and fast , works perfectly.

Attachments

Michigankubota

Equipment
B2650 Loader,LX 2980-64 Blower ,60”MMM , Land Pride 60”Box Blade.
Oct 17, 2018
Bessemer, Western U.P.
I bought one this fall. I've used it 4 five times so far. Seems to work fine. I never really push my tractor to 540 even when bush hogging. Only once I had the RPM's cranked that high blowing the snow. I like it. I'm jelious now because they will actually be made in USA. Mine is made by Ho-Chi-min. But still to their specs they told me.
Thanks! Nice to see that more manufacturers are coming back to the states.

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
I bought a Woodmaxx chipper and flail mower earlier this year, if their blower is anything like them, you can't go wrong.

Cottonmather0

Aug 26, 2018
Fort Bend County, Texas
How long did it take some of you owners to receive your items? I ordered a chipper in September and was told it was on backorder. Followed up in November and they said assembly would start in December at the latest. It's now January and I've heard nothing. Is this normal or am I an outlier?

I understand that this is a great product, but 4 months seems like too much. I need to get these brush piles ground up soon before spring starts down here.

Very frustrated.

bildom

Equipment
B2150
Dec 5, 2018
Goshen CT
I bought a 60" Woodmaxx blower in the fall. I've only used it 4 or 5 times so far but am impressed with it. It's heavy and well built. Customer service was very helpful when I called multiple times with questions prior to ordering it. Delivery was free and it came when it was supposed to.

dsims

Equipment
BX2380 60"Drive Over/SSQA Loader
Feb 23, 2019
Clear Lake, IA
Where did you see that? Everything I've read said made in China, but if they are switching to US production I might be more interested.

Considering a similar Landpride may be $1000 more than the Woodmax snowblower, is there any reason the Landpride is better?

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Maybe because of this, US labor rates differ from East Asia!

Land Pride
Division of Great Plains Manufacturing
1525 E North Street
Salina, KS 67401