Awesome dogs / Crazy pets Thread

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Just shut the light off when you leave!!!! I'm good right here!!!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com

Fate the Akita likes her new squeaky toy! My latest great-granddaughter Izalea Lynn (Izzy).

Between her Grandma (our daughter) and the pups, she may be the safest baby in the state!

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada

Fate the Akita likes her new squeaky toy! My latest great-granddaughter Izalea Lynn (Izzy).

Between her Grandma (our daughter) and the pups, she may be the safest baby in the state!
Cool, congrats Paul

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yeppers congrads !!!! And the pups will never let anything bad happen to her

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Well guys we got some bad news. It's pretty late on the reporting though. Last month we had to put down our Jacky Chan. :( He was 16 and old age got him.

We still have our Gypsy girl though. :D She came up really lame in her back end though a few days ago. So she went to the vets yesterday. She was diagnosed with hip dysplasia :(

But at least that's manageable and treatable :D We are having to try and keep her contained some though so the anti inflammatory gets a chance to do it's thing. The puppy advil the vets gave us has her feeling 10 ft tall and bullet proof :rolleyes: And for a normally hi strung dog, that's been a challenge:D

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
RIP Jacky Chan! :(
Sorry for your loss.

For Gypsy, with any anti inflammatory meds there is a high risk of stomach damage due to high acid build up.

Whenever we have to give those to our kids we also follow it up with generic tums, or some like the fruit chew antacids, just never Rolaids, wrong type of antacid in those. ;)

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
RIP Jacky Chan! :(
Sorry for your loss.

For Gypsy, with any anti inflammatory meds there is a high risk of stomach damage due to high acid build up.

Whenever we have to give those to our kids we also follow it up with generic tums, or some like the fruit chew antacids, just never Rolaids, wrong type of antacid in those. ;)
Thanks Sean. Jack kept trying suicide by Shepherd :eek: But what ultimately got him was getting out of the yard. He got into the neighbors compost pile. And the black furry stuff growing in there got him. Vet said that stuff can breakdown into a neuro toxin. And after some blood work, they confirmed it had gotten into his organs and they were shutting down. :(

I got with the neighbor and put up a small fence around his pile so if any stray dogs got into it, they didn't suffer the same fate.

As far as Gypsy goes, the vet mentioned the same thing about the acid build up. Said to make sure and give it on a full belly. It's given every 12 hours, so we shifted her feeding times accordingly. Give it after breakfast and dinner for the next few days. After that, she will only be on it as needed. I will get some Gummies for her as well. We also started her on a glucosamine supplement :)

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Well guys we got some bad news. It's pretty late on the reporting though. Last month we had to put down our Jacky Chan. :( He was 16 and old age got him.
Daren - please accept condolences from Terri and I, and our hopes Gypsy gets back on the straight and narrow.

It's always tough losing a dog....:(

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
On a lighter note, Ollie must have been getting warm in front of “The Dragon” - pellet stove - this morning. Heck , it was above 0F....

He decided to take his bed, toys, and blanket traveling....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Daren - please accept condolences from Terri and I, and our hopes Gypsy gets back on the straight and narrow.

It's always tough losing a dog....:(
Thanks buddy. Gypsy has been feeling 10ft tall and bullet proof since she was put on the anti inflammatory :rolleyes:

Played and played and played yesterday while I was in and out with the smoker. Then wanting to play catch all night. And start crying if you wanted a break from tossing the ball to her. She reminded me of a toddler that was over tired but refused to go down for a nap :p.

Gonna take her down to the walking path in town today. She can get some sniffing in with all the different scents and give us a little break. Those trips tend to wear her out a little more :D