My Fit Rite TnT has shipped!

Dunbar

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 LA525 QA PFL2042 Forks RCR1860 FDR1672 BB1560 EA55 WR Grapple FitRite TnT
Aug 2, 2018
Texas
My Top and Tilt kit from Fit Rite will be here in 5 days!

I have the QH15 Land Pride quick hitch and switching from my BB to my Rotary or Finish cutter takes quite a bit of adjustment of the top link to get connected.

I have the bushings that up-size the class I to class III pins so there is no slop. Getting the latch on both lower links to shut is tough and sometimes takes Tilt adjustment. It is going to be nice to do all this from the seat.

I have under 10 hours on my L2501 and can already appreciate how nice having TnT will be. I took everyone on OTT's advise and got rear remotes and 3rd function from the dealer with my tractor order. The EA 55" RR Grapple is what has made my tractor. I can't imagine doing without it. I know that I will have the same opinion of my TnT, especially when the jungle starts growing back and the grass needs taming. Lots of dirt moving to do as well.

Thanks Brian ! (Mountain Home Ranch on OTT)

Dunbar

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Aug 2, 2018
Texas
It arrived today and it looks like install will be a breeze. I read somewhere on OTT to switch the mechanically adjustable right link to the left side in place of the static one. How should I adjust that one when I put it on the left side? Do I put the tilt cylinder on and set it the same length as it in it's neutral position?

Also, my current top link is in the middle hole on the back of the tractor, L2501. Most of the pics I see the top link in the top mount hole. Where should it go?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It arrived today and it looks like install will be a breeze. I read somewhere on OTT to switch the mechanically adjustable right link to the left side in place of the static one. How should I adjust that one when I put it on the left side? Do I put the tilt cylinder on and set it the same length as it in it's neutral position?

Also, my current top link is in the middle hole on the back of the tractor, L2501. Most of the pics I see the top link in the top mount hole. Where should it go?
Take off both the side links then set the adjustable one to the length of the fixed one, that will be the center set point.

You can use whichever position you want, the lower the center link is set the higher the lift of the implement , the higher the set point the lower the lift.
Shortening or lengthening the center link will effect lift height to some extent too. ;)

Last edited:

Dunbar

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Aug 2, 2018
Texas
NIWM,
That makes perfect sense and I'll do exactly that. Thank you for the reply.