Suggestion for Classifieds

jfralph

Equipment
Kubota BX25D, 60"deck, grass cather, mulching kit, 3pt hitch,
May 9, 2018
Butte, MT
Just reviewing the classifieds, and appreciate the idea of keeping old adds that are completed, on line. Just so a history and Idea for another post or response is available. However, what I have noticed, active items are buried deep into the site. Would be great if completed adds (i.e. items both bought and sold, transactions complete) were moved to the end, and all active adds stayed in the front. If not, almost like craiglist, original poster needs to repost the add every couple of months just to let members know it is still out there.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Just reviewing the classifieds, and appreciate the idea of keeping old adds that are completed, on line. Just so a history and Idea for another post or response is available. However, what I have noticed, active items are buried deep into the site. Would be great if completed adds (i.e. items both bought and sold, transactions complete) were moved to the end, and all active adds stayed in the front. If not, almost like craiglist, original poster needs to repost the add every couple of months just to let members know it is still out there.
Not the issue you perceive. When an item is sold I as moderator mark it as sold in the title, BUTT this does NOT move the item up the page for it is not a new post... but just an edit. There for sold items even after the "sold" title edit will on their own drift down as new ones fill above it.

Besides a seller should be returning often to update their ad and answer prospective buyer questions. Would you buy a tractor from a dealer where no salesman comes out to greet you, answer your questions etc.?

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Not the issue you perceive. When an item is sold I as moderator mark it as sold in the title, BUTT this does NOT move the item up the page for it is not a new post... but just an edit. There for sold items even after the "sold" title edit will on their own drift down as new ones fill above it.

Besides a seller should be returning often to update their ad and answer prospective buyer questions. Would you buy a tractor from a dealer where no salesman comes out to greet you, answer your questions etc.?
Wouldn’t it be more productive if you removed the sold item post instead of just marking it sold? Be less clutter and more useful for people looking for an item to buy.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Wouldn’t it be more productive if you removed the sold item post instead of just marking it sold? Be less clutter and more useful for people looking for an item to buy.
Actually there can be a lot of information obtained from old sold classified listings. ;)