loader removal and ballast weight

leedselectric

Equipment
b2620,LA364 fel, Walco 5' rear mower, BH65
Mar 1, 2009
Gananoque, Ontario, Canada
Hello everyone,
I am the proud owner of a b2620 purchased in Sept 2008. I was wondering about the proper procedure for removing the fel, and also when operating tractor with the fel how much should a home made ballast box weigh ?

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Hello leeds, welcome to the site and thank you for signing up!

The official ballast box supplied by Kubota for BX and B series models is the B8160 ballast box with a list price of $186 and weight of around 102 lbs. But, you are right to suspect that with a front end loader you will need something a little extra on the three-point for stability.

The pricing list makes this note and refers to the operator's manual for ballast recommendations. Did your B2620 come with the operator's manual? If not, I can ask Vic if he's got that manual handy, take a look and get back to us.

leedselectric

Equipment
b2620,LA364 fel, Walco 5' rear mower, BH65
Mar 1, 2009
Gananoque, Ontario, Canada
Hello and thank you for the replies,
the manual that I received with the tractor does explain a implement limitation of 300 kgs (660 lbs), therefore could I assume that the ballast weight could be the same amount (550-600)? Re the fel operation my manual explains the loader/remote control lever only, is a larger more indepth manual available? Does the fel have a separate manual?