Overhanging Branches & the ROPS

tk1469

Nov 15, 2010
North Central Michigan
I have debated putting this thread on the OTT forum - and I'm sure that anyone who has been operating a tractor for a period of time will already know this - but I'm sure there's still some "newbies" out there - that can benefit from this story - it was passed on to me by another Kubota owner here in Michigan -

When driving thru the woods with your tractor - you may encounter a low hanging limb from a tree. It's easy to just duck you head to avoid that big bruise on your forehead. But don't forget that the ROPS is back there. If the limb catches on the ROPS - you're gonna lift the front end off the ground and risk flipping over backward.

Safety First.

TK

meanjean

Equipment
Kubota MX4700
Aug 10, 2010
Hazelridge, Manitoba
If and when you break glas you should check out a local hockey rink.
Maybe they can hook you up with a piece they use on their boards.
I managed to pick up a piece for $0.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
A word from the voice of experence here boys and girls... those low branches should not be pushed out of the way by hand,,5 weeks in a cast shows that it is not a good idea to push and get your arm caught between the ROPS and the branch your trying to move! Just thought Id toss that out there

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
You really mean "in the wood" when a limb of a tree can turn you, facing the sky. Normally it's said, that someone should clear his work-area befor start working. I have also a small piece of land covered with up to 2 feet thick trees. But befor I enter the deep forest I make my trail. Just walking the short path and check for space. As I said, it's not a big forest but maybe you are entering some sort of Fangorn Forest Better you look out for Ent's. ;)

carl