Will not move upon initial start-up

NEIL G

Equipment
l2550,scraper blade,snowblower
Feb 22, 2009
mt forest,ont.
Hi there . I am new to this site and have a question regarding my newly acquired l2550.upon initial start-up after warming up for 5-10 mins. I can put the lever in forward or reverse and the shuttle into any gear and the tractor will not move.however if i shut the tractor off and restart it it will go and then i have no more problems. Could this be a weak hydraulic pump? Or would this be clutch related?how can i tell if this tractor has a "wet clutch "?the tractor runs perfect otherwise .this is starting to frustrate me thanks in advance. Neil

NEIL G

Equipment
Feb 22, 2009
mt forest,ont.
Thanks for the reply.the i.d. Plate reads l2550d-82056.there are stickers on the rear fenders that indicate it is a gst.i did in fact have a small crack in the delivery pipe(on a l2650 kubota part#32430-3821-0)which i didnt notice till i had lost almost all the hyd. Fluid.i refilled it again after replacing the pipe but overfilled the fluid past the viewing window(too small to see the little air bubble level indicator).i since took out approx 6-8 l. How did you know i had no power steering at first till the tractor moves?? I think we are finally zooming in on the problem.i look forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks.
P.s. I cant tell if it has been happening from the start because when i bought it i immediately put it my shop,tore it apart-replaced both rear fenders-both foot steps-comp.seat floor and re-assembled.1st time out again blew the line(we use way to much salt here in ontario.)thanks

NEIL G

Equipment
Feb 22, 2009
mt forest,ont.
I HAD A CHANCE TO CHANGE THE FLUIDS TODAY AFTER WORK.LOOKING AT MY OWNERS MANUAL IT LOOKS LIKE THE TALL FILTER(KUBOTA#30400-37710)GOES ON THE LEFTWITH THE SHORTER ONE(30401-37580)BESIDE IT ON THE RIGHT. THIS IS THE WAY I PUT THEM ON.HOWEVER LOOKING AT THE PARTS MANUAL I THINK I HAVE THE FILTERS ON WRONG.I COULDNT TELL WITH THE OLD ONES BECAUSE THEY BOTH WERE THE SAME SIZE AND WERENT GENUINE KUBOTA FILTERS.PROBLEM IS NOW THE TRACTOR WONT MOVE AT ALL.NO FORWARD-NO REVERSE-NO NOTHING .IDLES LIKE A CHARM THOUGH. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NEIL:confused

NEIL G

Equipment
Feb 22, 2009
mt forest,ont.
Vic i've put some pictures of the tractor in the gallery.if you look at the right side you can see two filters.one white and one black.the white one is where i put the kubota filter(#30400-37710)
hope this helps a bit.

NEIL G

Equipment
Feb 22, 2009
mt forest,ont.
:)
:d:d:d:d
if you ever come to good ol ontario stop by for a cold one.you were right on the money.i had filled the filters before i spun them on but i had them reversed.changed them around and now you cant wipe the smile off my face.thanks for all the advice on a terrific site.i am now on to the next task --trying to find a loader for this model.----any help---which model fits??? Ive seen pictures with a la500.