l35 clutch help.

GERP

Equipment
l35
Oct 10, 2014
forney texas
i have a 1995 l35 with 1500 ish hours the clutch slips very bad any small incline it stops dead in its tracks. i am trying to find out if there is anything that could be causing this other than the dry clutch slipping gst? hydraulic pressure? low oil? and how can i tell if its the dry clutch or gst? also i saw what looks to be a oil fill hole in the forward area of the engine right by the alternator on the opposite side of the oil filter and dipstick i dont think its engine oil what could it be and could it be causing this 1500 hours isnt that many. thanks for all the help.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If you have a PTO powered device hook it up and run it while climbing a hill, if the PTO implement stops moving along with the tractor then it's the mechanical clutch, if it doesn't then it's the hydraulic clutch.
If it is the mechanical clutch, have you adjusted the linkage?

Yes there is a second oil fill under the alternator, it goes to the same place as the other.
Low engine oil will not effect the clutch operation, low hydraulic fluid will effect the operation of the hydraulic clutch but not the mechanical clutch.