Hydraulics to the front ?

RCtoywizard

Equipment
Kubota M5040
Feb 27, 2009
Groton NH
www.twwrc.homestead.com
:)Hello all
First I want to say what a wonderfull site this is. I love your Youtube vids Mr K.
You guys are right that dealers seem to have a cold shoulder to some.
I find most think if you can afford a machine, you can afford everything else.
Some of us only do what we have to and thats how we can afford what we have.
There, rant over. lol
I have a question. I have a Kubota M5040 with the loader attachment.
Now I also have the fork quick hitch attachment and I adapted it to fit an old snow plow.
I cant spend the $1k the dealer wants for the third function hydraulic installed.
I tried to talk them into giving me the part numbers list so I can just order as I can afford it but they wont.
ANyway, I have the two connections on the back above my 3 point and I want to know why cant I run lines to the front end and use those two push / pull lines to move my plow blade angle?
I think I have a control in the cab for it according to the manual.

Your thoughts?
Right now I am trying to rig the angle movement up with an old small 2,000 lb winch but its going to be a pain to do.
Sorry to go on and on......lol
:)
Eventually I will put on the 3rd function but thats in a couple of years.

RCtoywizard

Equipment
Kubota M5040
Feb 27, 2009
Groton NH
www.twwrc.homestead.com
Thats interesting because the local Kubota dealer has a plow setup all ready to go on the quick attach front end. hmmm

Maybe I can come up with a way to rig it up on the back using the 3 point hitch. I really dont want to have to buy much right now.

Thanks for the info!!!

RCtoywizard

Equipment
Kubota M5040
Feb 27, 2009
Groton NH
www.twwrc.homestead.com
I have another question ........the manual says (on the list of attachments page), that you can put on a "front blade" and it has an astrick * that leads you to notes at the bottom of the page and the notes say "needs special bracing or framework" something to that effect. That backs up your thoughts on the warrentee info from Kubota.
But.
Farther down that page it says "snow blade" and there is no astrick * to reference the notes.
I took that as for "dirt blade" one would need special framework but for "snowblade" its just pushing snow and no special framework would be needed.

Am I not understanding it correctly?
Wouldnt be the first time...lol

RCtoywizard

Equipment
Kubota M5040
Feb 27, 2009
Groton NH
www.twwrc.homestead.com
oohhhhhhhhh,,, now I get it.

Yes, My "Snow Plow" setup is an old Fisher snow plow. WIth the trip blade and brand new shoes. Nothing like a dirt blade.
I wouldnt do that. If I wanted a bull dozer, lol.

Now I get it. lol

So my setup would be reasonable........good.
So, what are your thoughts on running lines from the back to the front to be able to angle this sucker? Too much pressure or ?

thank you for your help, btw