What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2022 Kubota L4060 Polaris Rangerxp800 Ford 3400
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
People cut 2 inch pvc pipe down the center and slide it onto the front plow blade so you don’t dig up the gravel. I was going to try it with the ate plow to see how well it works. People rave about it though.
Thanks, May try on other plow for polaris side by side. I wind up with pules of gravel everywhere I leave snow piles right now

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Are these actual measurements or specifications from the makers of the garage door and the tractor? I know that many, if not most, garage doors are poorly installed and don't give the maximum opening.
I raised my doors to be even or as close as even as possible with the trim and they are 95 3/8 from the floor. I tried to measure the top of the new tractor, but need to pull it out and get the ladder out. Looks like it is right around 92" but for some reason it looked like it would hit the door if I pulled in. I will check it again later to see if it clears, but it will be close. If I have to let air out of the tires I will, I am not working on it outside!

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
I raised my doors to be even or as close as even as possible with the trim and they are 95 3/8 from the floor. I tried to measure the top of the new tractor, but need to pull it out and get the ladder out. Looks like it is right around 92" but for some reason it looked like it would hit the door if I pulled in. I will check it again later to see if it clears, but it will be close. If I have to let air out of the tires I will, I am not working on it outside!
Lol...on working outside. I hear you but as you can see my old Barn shit door is not tall enough. The white channel is 8'5" I an putting another door on soon this is the way I bought the property. So good luck getting ut in a normal garage. I was out there heat on in cab doing all my stuff. Now its 38 and 50 tomorrow. My.luck lol
20220228_122653.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
In hindsight, a picture would probably be instructive but didn’t think to take one. Too wet to do anything much outside this weekend. Only thing involving the tractor was as I was walking through the muddy path to our walkout basement I saw a shiny fine thread nut, about 7/8” or so, smashed into the mud. The only suspects were the Tundra, zero turn, Kubota, and WC-68 chipper. It was kind of thin so suspected it was a jam nut and too shiny for the Tundra or zero turn to be strong suspects so wife and I went down to the heated shop to inspect the tractor and chipper. Approximately 2 minutes into the inspection, by some minor miracle, saw the grille guard hinge bolt on the right side had a nut and jam nut. Left side had a nut but no jam nut. The mystery nut matched the jam nut on the right side and threaded on the left side perfectly. Reinstalled and on to the next chore.

Wife said, “So you can look at a machine with about 500 nuts on it and immediately see where one is missing but you can’t find the potato chips in the pantry in the same spot they’ve been the past 30 years?” My response, “Yep, that pretty much sums it up accurately.”

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

NCL4701

Equipment
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Lol...on working outside. I hear you but as you can see my old Barn shit door is not tall enough. The white channel is 8'5" I an putting another door on soon this is the way I bought the property. So good luck getting ut in a normal garage. I was out there heat on in cab doing all my stuff. Now its 38 and 50 tomorrow. My.luck lol
View attachment 75871
When I bought mine, I didn’t think about the door height on the shops and shed. I lucked up with 9’ doors on the heated shop where it’s stored, my shop where any significant maintenance is performed, and shed where some implements are stored. With ROPs up it’s 8’11” + a little. Clears all the doors by about a 1/2”. Can’t put a canopy on it even if I wanted to. If I had to put down the ROPS every time, it would be a major PITA. Once in a blue moon I have to pull it into one of the garages with 7’ doors. Hate to even think about doing that.

Reactions: 1 user

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
When I bought mine, I didn’t think about the door height on the shops and shed. I lucked up with 9’ doors on the heated shop where it’s stored, my shop where any significant maintenance is performed, and shed where some implements are stored. With ROPs up it’s 8’11” + a little. Clears all the doors by about a 1/2”. Can’t put a canopy on it even if I wanted to. If I had to put down the ROPS every time, it would be a major PITA. Once in a blue moon I have to pull it into one of the garages with 7’ doors. Hate to even think about doing that.
I think the top of the cab sticks up higher than the specs due to the design. Maybe at its lowest point it's the 91"

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
I have not cleared the snow for the last 6 weeks at my UpNorth place, I had about 16" of icy mix around the barn and about 24" to get off the roadway to my gate. The tractor with a rear snow blower did not seem like the solution, so I used the KX040 Excavator with a 42" tilt bucket, the nice thing was it has a heated cab and the bucket and rotating front blade eventually did the job to allow me to get my vehicle to the barn and a few toys out of the barn. Hoping to see some of it melt in the next 30-60 days, I have many projects to get to.

If it gets really bad I've still got the old Case 450 dozer to help out.

Snow 2.jpg
Snow 1.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

NCL4701

Equipment
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
More chipping again today. Finally took the remains of the 2nd 2 gallons of fuel at 12.2 hours.
Wow! Sounds like you had a pretty good backlog of chipping similar to what we had when we bought our chipper.

We put probably 50 hours actual PTO time on the chipper before we got caught up. Now that we’re in maintenance mode it’s more like a half day a couple times a year but starting out it was a big job and burning wasn’t an option. (Which is why we bought a chipper.)

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
I finally got my front work lights installed. I bought Crée lights, they do not plug in to Kubota harness. Bought pigtails online. Got everything soldered and heat shrinked. Very bright compared to stock back work lights I got fron Messicks.
20220228_194831.jpg
20220228_194751.jpg
20220228_194806.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
Its amazing how many times your head is going to find those mirrors. I'm always thankful that I only put one on and can hop in and out the left side easily. But yes they are needed
Dealer told me the same thing. But that was when I had none and he was selling it to me.
I already have hit them, lol....

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
Wow! Sounds like you had a pretty good backlog of chipping similar to what we had when we bought our chipper.

We put probably 50 hours actual PTO time on the chipper before we got caught up. Now that we’re in maintenance mode it’s more like a half day a couple times a year but starting out it was a big job and burning wasn’t an option. (Which is why we bought a chipper.)
I use mine plus kitchen compost to make mulch/compost for gardening.

ACDII

Equipment
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
I have to make mounts from 1 1/4" angle for the front lights, the rears look like I can just open the hole already there a little larger and mount them there. For the connectors I went and bought a Deustch kit, 2 pin watertight connectors that crimp pins and sockets to the wires and plug in. No soldering pigtails.

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
I have to make mounts from 1 1/4" angle for the front lights, the rears look like I can just open the hole already there a little larger and mount them there. For the connectors I went and bought a Deustch kit, 2 pin watertight connectors that crimp pins and sockets to the wires and plug in. No soldering pigtails.

Those are nice. I have that same kit but I wasn't wanting to cut the Kubota fémale connectors off. Wasn't bad changing the light wires on the workbench.

ACDII

Equipment
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Those are nice. I have that same kit but I wasn't wanting to cut the Kubota fémale connectors off. Wasn't bad changing the light wires on the workbench.
If I could find the light side connectors, I would use those and not cut the harness, but no clue where to get them or what they are called or who makes them.

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
If I could find the light side connectors, I would use those and not cut the harness, but no clue where to get them or what they are called or who makes them.
Yes I know, the only ones I found werevon EBay that I put in the other post. Even the dealer was clueless. Sucks. The 1 dude posted some les that come with the correct plug. If I change the rears im going to find those. Think pioneer or something. Créé did include à replacement for the tractor that will work with thier lights. I just scoured to find a way not yo do that. Im.sure Kubota sells à New harness at any rate. As long as they work the rest doesn't matter.

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
The Ebay dude no longer has any pigtails but here was the link
Braided Pigtail Connector for adding rear LED Lights Kubota B and some L tractor | eBay
has to be another source somewhere

ACDII

Equipment
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
I saw those links, and for the price of one pigtail, I got a 8 connector set of Crimp on connectors instead. I also got a full 2 pair LED light set for half what a 2 light set costs from that other place. I have 2 pair on my B2410 and they light up the entire 36 x 80 barn. Some of this specific for stuff is way over priced, there are many other routes to take that cost half as much and work just as good if not better. My time for me is free, so if it takes a little longer, it takes a little longer, better than sitting on my ass all day too.

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
I saw those links, and for the price of one pigtail, I got a 8 connector set of Crimp on connectors instead. I also got a full 2 pair LED light set for half what a 2 light set costs from that other place. I have 2 pair on my B2410 and they light up the entire 36 x 80 barn. Some of this specific for stuff is way over priced, there are many other routes to take that cost half as much and work just as good if not better. My time for me is free, so if it takes a little longer, it takes a little longer, better than sitting on my ass all day too.
Those crimp on will work. Ive used on trailer.
I understand completely on overproced specific stuff. But I hate cutting harness so I forked out 41 bucks. Wasn't happy about it. But paid 42k for tractor. My own real money from not sitting on my ass either , so I didn't want to start cutting wires.