Kubota TG1860 (Diesel) safety switch(option)

book780

Jun 16, 2019
Bensenville IL USA
Where is this safety switch located.I have no power on the black/white wire at starter solenoid but I do have power at the white wire coming out of the brake switch in crank mode.

The switch part number is K1122-62250.The picture in the parts diagram is vague. Call out 100 in the parts diagram.

I know its listed as an option but these two different wire colors have to meet up somewhere.If there is no switch then maybe a spliced connection.
Just to note that this tractor does not have KRA(Kubota reverse assurance) in case someone looks at the wiring diagram.
Thanks

Last edited:

Audioguy52

Equipment
1998 TG1860-48
May 23, 2016
Stillwater, OK 74074
I have the exact same question. The wire from the brake switch is white and the wire to the starter solenoid is white/black. The "safety switch" has to reside somewhere but I can't find it. It would be nice if some Kubota mechanic could shed some light on this issue.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Look at your wiring diagram.

There are several switches. Pick out which one that stops it from cranking when key is turned to start and begin there.

There are many possibilities here, including the combination box ;)

Audioguy52

Equipment
1998 TG1860-48
May 23, 2016
Stillwater, OK 74074
Look at your wiring diagram.

There are several switches. Pick out which one that stops it from cranking when key is turned to start and begin there.

There are many possibilities here, including the combination box ;)
it is the one labeled "Safety Switch" (OPTION) on the wiring diagram. Maybe we weren't clear on the issue. We cannot find the actual physical location of the switch on the machine.
Since I posted this I installed a 30A relay inline between the W/B wire and the starter solenoid. Everything works great now, there just wasn't enough voltage to activate the solenoid due to corrosion in all the electrical terminals in the system.
Thanks,

Reactions: 1 user

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
it is the one labeled "Safety Switch" (OPTION) on the wiring diagram. Maybe we weren't clear on the issue. We cannot find the actual physical location of the switch on the machine.
Since I posted this I installed a 30A relay inline between the W/B wire and the starter solenoid. Everything works great now, there just wasn't enough voltage to activate the solenoid due to corrosion in all the electrical terminals in the system.
Thanks,
I had previously looked through the WSM and its wiring diagram.

About the only place the optional safety switch is mentioned is in the wiring diagram.

I felt the proximity of the optional switch to the seat switch (on the wiring diagram) was telling.

An owners' manual may make it clearer what the optional switch is intended to do..... if you even have one.

Glad the relay trick worked out for you!

Dave

superbaseball25

Equipment
Kubota TG1860
Jun 23, 2023
Birmingham
Thanks,
Can you please explain this to me sir? I am having the same problem and would like to do that same thing if possible.

lmichael

Equipment
Kubota G2160
Apr 23, 2021
Rockford IL area
Yeah, me too. I ran myself ragged with the poor wiring and safety switches. I added a helper relay as well, though I kept the PTO and Brake switch operational so it will not start if those are not correctly activated.