Tach for my BX

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
I finished up installing the Tiny Tach on my BX today. While not a necessary instrument, I would like to be able to get an idea what RPM I am running it at.
I designed the case in TinkerCad and printed it on my Hypercube 3D printer. I made one test print for just the face portion to make sure the tach was going to fit properly. I decided to mount it to the big Phillips screw at the front of the dash, and made an aluminum plate about 3" X 3 1/2" with a slight bend to make it lie flat on the dash. I used an empty socket on the fuse block by installing connectors into it and tapping into the red/white wire form the key switch to supply power, and grounded it on one of the studs mounting the voltage regulator for the dynamo. I ran the sensor wires inside a piece of 1/4" plastic loom out to the area above the shut off solenoid and used tyraps to secure it to the existing wire loom. I attached the sensor lead to the transducer and the ground wire to one of the shut off solenoid mounting bolts.
I put everything back together and fired it up, and it works perfectly.
It will show RPM, elapsed time since start, total running time, countdown to a 25 hour service interval and to a 50 hour service interval.

If anyone would like the .stl file to make your own case, PM me and I'll be glad to send it to you.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

Digger Dager

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M59 TLB, B3200 w/front snow blower, 3 @ ZD326 62" rear discharge mowers
Very nice! A good looking addition to your dashboard. We used Tiny Tachs for our smaller gas engines back in the 90's and 00's. Very dependable and long lasting.

Digger