Re-Installing a BH77 onto a B2650

RLinNH

Equipment
B2650,LA534,BH77
Mar 10, 2018
NH
Well, the backhoe came off easy enough a few weeks ago. Trying to put her back on now, and it's a no go. The hydraulics have lowered since it came off the tractor. When I try to place either hose onto the backhoe or tractor, it's a no go. The hoses will not seat. Although, the recirc hose that stays attached to the tractor when removing the backhoe comes off and reattaches with ease. Gotta be something I am doing wrong...

Muzzy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Feb 13, 2019
WNY
Make sure all connection are correct, you may need to relief some pressure in the hydraulic lines.

RLinNH

Equipment
B2650,LA534,BH77
Mar 10, 2018
NH
Make sure all connection are correct, you may need to relief some pressure in the hydraulic lines.
How would you relieve Pressure in the lines? I had to wiggle all the backhoe levers to get the hoses off.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Jiggling the tractor controls/relieves pressure on the tractor side, but the attachment side can build pressure as temperature increases.

I use a piece of hardwood dowel and “pop” the female side to relieve that pressure. Just put a rag over it so you don’t get a shot into your skin.....that’s bad juju...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RLinNH

Equipment
B2650,LA534,BH77
Mar 10, 2018
NH
Jiggling the tractor controls/relieves pressure on the tractor side, but the attachment side can build pressure as temperature increases.

I use a piece of hardwood dowel and “pop” the female side to relieve that pressure. Just put a rag over it so you don’t get a shot into your skin.....that’s bad juju...

I just tried to "pop" the female connector on the backhoe, and it didn't budge. I am now at the frustration point and am walking away. I will call my dealer tomorrow and hope that I can get it straightened out over the phone...:mad:

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
RLinNH,
Do you have the backhoe on a dolly or sitting on the ground? I know this doesn't help now, but it is a lot easier to hook up the backhoe when it is on a dolly.

If the backhoe is sitting outside in the sun, that will cause the hydraulic oil to heat and expand. This will create the pressure to rise and causing the problem you are having.

Let us know how thing come out.

RLinNH

Equipment
B2650,LA534,BH77
Mar 10, 2018
NH
RLinNH,
Do you have the backhoe on a dolly or sitting on the ground? I know this doesn't help now, but it is a lot easier to hook up the backhoe when it is on a dolly.

If the backhoe is sitting outside in the sun, that will cause the hydraulic oil to heat and expand. This will create the pressure to rise and causing the problem you are having.

Let us know how thing come out.
It is sitting on the ground. Not a good situation for me right now. I need to make some sort of stand for my backhoe so this never happens again. I'll let you know tomorrow how this is progressing. Once again, thanks to all for the posts in regards to this.

RLinNH

Equipment
B2650,LA534,BH77
Mar 10, 2018
NH
Here is the same problem you’re having, with the fix:

https://youtu.be/hB0JAGS-T_k

Weird as an after thought. I tried like hell to push that button in on my line from the tractor to the backhoe. No dice. I feels like it's seized. I'll give it another whirl tomorrow evening when I get home from work with more effort.

Muzzy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Feb 13, 2019
WNY
It may need a good tap, cover connector with a towel when doing so.
If your equipment has been sitting out in the Hot Sun this will create more pressure, try when cooler out.

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
When tapping the center plunger doesn't work, I loosen the fitting from the line and let some fluid escape. Tight back up and it usually attaches without issue.

Tughill Tom

Equipment
B3200
Dec 23, 2013
Turin, NY
When tapping the center plunger doesn't work, I loosen the fitting from the line and let some fluid escape. Tight back up and it usually attaches without issue.
What he said! All so a couple of jack stands will keep it off the ground when dismounted.

RLinNH

Equipment
B2650,LA534,BH77
Mar 10, 2018
NH
That was is!!! I had to cover the hydraulic hose with an old rag and then I tried a flat head screw driver to push the plunger in. No dice. I had to give both hydraulic hoses a good tap from the business end of a hatchet to get the plunger operating. After I had the plunger working, it was easy peasy. well, the connections were. I did take another hour to hook the damned backhoe up:( It was my first time doing it and now I know how critical the tolerances are when reconnecting. Once again, thanks to all for the help in this. I would have been calling the dealer if it wasn't for everyone's thoughtful input. :)

Tughill Tom

Equipment
B3200
Dec 23, 2013
Turin, NY
That was is!!! I had to cover the hydraulic hose with an old rag and then I tried a flat head screw driver to push the plunger in. No dice. I had to give both hydraulic hoses a good tap from the business end of a hatchet to get the plunger operating. After I had the plunger working, it was easy peasy. well, the connections were. I did take another hour to hook the damned backhoe up:( It was my first time doing it and now I know how critical the tolerances are when reconnecting. Once again, thanks to all for the help in this. I would have been calling the dealer if it wasn't for everyone's thoughtful input. :)
It's about being level. I made the mistake of dropping it in an awkward place on gravel once, never a again. Now always in the garage on concrete with good lighting to get it aligned with the sub-frame.