Landpride RTR 2072 opinions

Muddy boots

Equipment
MX5200, grapple, tiller, brush hog, backhoe
Jan 14, 2019
Paw Paw, MI
Recently purchased this reverse tine tiller w/ my mx5200 package. Showed up w/ small dent and paint wore off where they held it with backhoe during shipping (no big deal). Also had what appeared to be gear lube residue around the gear box and down the tiller (no big deal). I hooked it up and adjusted everything to start tilling. It made it about 45 minutes at a very slow (tractor) speed in a fairly rocky soil (previous ag field converted to food plot) before I heard a loud noise and violent shake. I then realized it was no longer tilling. After inspecting it, the 5 bolts holding the auger to the drive side had all came out! I ran to TSC grabbed 5 new bolts and got 4/5 back in (one of the threads were buggered up and I did not have a tap at the farm). I finished tilling a total of about 2.5 acres total. I looked under it again recently just to inspect and check bolts.....2 nuts were missing off the drive side into the bearing. The only way to replace these would be to drain chain case, remove cover and get to bolt to hold from spinning (no way to try impact as it will not fit). I put the tiller on a pallet and sent it back (freight) to dealer for them to swap it out. I'm curious if this sounds normal for this equipment and any reviews of the RTR 2072 also? I'm debating on having them send me a new one or argue for a refund or another piece of equip?

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Sorry to hear about your problems with your tiller.

It sure sounds like a manufacture defect. I haven't had any problem with my LP tiller in the 5 years I have had it. I don't have the 20 series so can't speak about it but all the other LP equipment I have and have never had any problems with them.

I would think that you just got a lemon.

Muddy boots

Equipment
MX5200, grapple, tiller, brush hog, backhoe
Jan 14, 2019
Paw Paw, MI
The dealer is offering a fwd tine tiller in the same model. Can any one recommend the fwd over the reverse?? all food plot application. Some soil is a bit rocky (bout 2 acres) others may have a bit of roots. All in all I hope to maintain about 5-7 acres per year. Main reason I went with the reverse is because I understood it as being better for rocks, roots, taller grass and vegetation which is where I'll be using it most often. Thanks for any advice.

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
I run a LP front tine tiller. In fact I got a front tiller because of the rocks and roots.

With the front tiller it just goes over rocks and roots where as a reverse tiller can hang up on bigger rocks and roots. Even if it doesn't hangup it can still bust some tines.