D905 governor

kyleenright

Apr 3, 2019
Melbourne,Quebec,Canada
I have a D905 from a stationary generator and I want to use it in a utility vehicle with a 3 speed manual transmission and an accelerator pedal.
Since it is from a generator it seems to be goverened differently.
Does anyone know what adjustements or parts need to be changed in the governor for my application?

I have included a picture of the nameplate

Attachments

thepumpguysc

Aug 8, 2018
Sunny South Carolina
I'm not sure on your gen. application but the throttle is usually "locked" in the full load position w/ the LOW IDLE screw..
Its just ran in until it pushes the throttle against the HI IDLE screw.. just back the LOW IDLE screw out{counter clockwise} until your desired rpm is met..
Most of the "tractor" rpms are abit higher than 1800.. 2-3000..
Just back out the HI IDLE screw & SEE if u can get the rpms.. if not, you'll hafta change the gov. spring/springs.. & maybe the weights.??
Are u starting from scratch.. as in> no old motor to pull parts from..??

cviola2005

Jun 8, 2016
Clarkrange, TN, USA
I have a D905 from a stationary generator and I want to use it in a utility vehicle with a 3 speed manual transmission and an accelerator pedal.
Since it is from a generator it seems to be goverened differently.
Does anyone know what adjustements or parts need to be changed in the governor for my application?

I have included a picture of the nameplate
The governor weights and springs will need to be changed along with the throttle lever plate. I have these parts and am interested in your gen spec parts if you'd like to swap. Call me, Chris, at 9three1-3nine7-39six9

Last edited by a moderator:

kyleenright

Apr 3, 2019
Melbourne,Quebec,Canada
The governor weights and springs will need to be changed along with the throttle lever plate. I have these parts and am interested in your gen spec parts if you'd like to swap. Call me, Chris, at 9three1-3nine7-39six9
Could I buy the parts from you and you ship and then I could sell you mine afterwards for the same price?

Can anyone identify the parts that need change in the attached schematics?

Attachments

kyleenright

Apr 3, 2019
Melbourne,Quebec,Canada
I'm not sure on your gen. application but the throttle is usually "locked" in the full load position w/ the LOW IDLE screw..
Its just ran in until it pushes the throttle against the HI IDLE screw.. just back the LOW IDLE screw out{counter clockwise} until your desired rpm is met..
Most of the "tractor" rpms are abit higher than 1800.. 2-3000..
Just back out the HI IDLE screw & SEE if u can get the rpms.. if not, you'll hafta change the gov. spring/springs.. & maybe the weights.??
Are u starting from scratch.. as in> no old motor to pull parts from..??
By backing out the high idle I am able to get higher RPM's but it starts to surge.
Yes I am starting from scratch, I don't have another engine the same to refer to.
What would be very helpful is if someone could identify the parts that need changing from the attached parts list.

Attachments