Opinions on this BX2200 for tractor virgin

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
They hold their value quite well, you'll lose only a little a year on a new one. But there's quite a lot of territory between a 2002 tractor and a 2019 - you may find a used one at a more reasonable price.

CoolMcCool

Equipment
Ford 1220 4wd HST
May 23, 2019
Corrales, NM
They hold their value quite well, you'll lose only a little a year on a new one. But there's quite a lot of territory between a 2002 tractor and a 2019 - you may find a used one at a more reasonable price.
Yeah, Unfortunately we aren't in an area that is heavy in agriculture. There is ag in the Rio grande river plain areas but that's about it. Mostly high desert. So not a lot of inventory around as compared to the Midwest and south.

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
Have you looked at the Kubota web site? You can "build your own" their to get a line on pricing. Usually the dealer will do better and you can always shop around.
You should be able to get a new BX1880 with loader for under or right around $13K. Then you can put your OWN 850 hours on it.:)
Now the tractor you were looking at doesn't look that bad......for $5 or $6 grand

CoolMcCool

Equipment
Ford 1220 4wd HST
May 23, 2019
Corrales, NM
Have you looked at the Kubota web site? You can "build your own" their to get a line on pricing. Usually the dealer will do better and you can always shop around.
You should be able to get a new BX1880 with loader for under or right around $13K. Then you can put your OWN 850 hours on it.:)
Now the tractor you were looking at doesn't look that bad......for $5 or $6 grand
I did price a couple out on the website. Also went down to our local dealer. I'll probably branch out into Texas and see what I can find. Gonna make some calls on Tuesday on a couple that are in Amarillo and Lubbock. Shipping shouldn't be too bad from there.
I agree. That tractor would be fine for 6k. He obviously is just fishing.

Bmbbm

Equipment
Bx2370 land pride box blade 60"mmm kubota fel
May 29, 2016
Chillicothe mo
Congratulations. It's not orange but looks pretty nice. So now that you got our attention and advice. How many hours and what did it set you back?

CoolMcCool

Equipment
Ford 1220 4wd HST
May 23, 2019
Corrales, NM
Congratulations. It's not orange but looks pretty nice. So now that you got our attention and advice. How many hours and what did it set you back?
Thanks! Hours are approximately 1500 to 2k hours. The tach was replaced awhile back but I have a chain of receipts that list hours. About 4 years of missing data. I paid 500 bucks for it! It runs pretty good but I'm in the process of catching up on maintenance. Also needs something in the front axle as it makes a clunking noise when in 4wd. Everything else works good. I figure I can put a couple grand in her and still be ahead.
Its not an orange tractor but is going to be perfect for what I need.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Nice tractor, and you got it at an unbelievable price. You didn't even pay for the loader, at that price!:D Search to find what the problem is in the front end and get it fixed so the problem does not grow.

Stay with us on the forum and let us know how the tractor works for you, and what you discover with the fix.

CoolMcCool

Equipment
Ford 1220 4wd HST
May 23, 2019
Corrales, NM
Nice tractor, and you got it at an unbelievable price. You didn't even pay for the loader, at that price!:D Search to find what the problem is in the front end and get it fixed so the problem does not grow.

Stay with us on the forum and let us know how the tractor works for you, and what you discover with the fix.
Thanks! I'm going to drop the front axle and see if its a bearing or maybe a diff gear or something. It's a crazy story about how I got it. I went to the local Deere dealership to compare there sub compacts with Kubota and a guy came in with the Ford and was trading it in on a new tractor! I asked him if he would sell it to me before the salesman got to him and he told me about the front axle and said make me an offer. I told him 500 bucks and he would have to deliver to my house and he agreed! He didn't want to do anything to it and wanted a new tractor. I was definitely in the right place at the right time!

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Yes, sometimes the bear gets you, and sometimes you get the bear! You won that one! I'd try to find an in depth repair manual.

My neighbor had a Ford that size with a loader. Nice, handy tractor.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Looks like a solid machine at an excellent price. You can have a fair few things go wrong and still be ahead. Hell, even if you just drive it in 2WD and don't worry about fixing the front axle you'd be ahead.

Bill Groom

Equipment
B7100 HST
Apr 2, 2019
N.E. Ohio
Congratulations on a smoking deal! Many happy productive hours in your near future, let us know how it does.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

CoolMcCool

Equipment
Ford 1220 4wd HST
May 23, 2019
Corrales, NM
I'm jealous, I wanted a Ford and ended up with a Kubota, you went after a Kubota and ended up stealing a Ford :)
Hahaha! That's pretty funny! Yes, I was really close to pulling the trigger on a new BX18. Fate had other ideas! I've done a few more maintenance items today. Replaced the glow plug timer. Now I have a glow plug light! Also replaced the glow plugs. Gotta replace one of the hydraulic junction hoses as its leaking pretty bad. Have a couple on order. Got a big order from Messicks for radiator hoses and water drain hoses. Cant believe that the hoses I think are original. This tractor is a 93 model. Amazing that they lasted this long!

CoolMcCool

Equipment
Ford 1220 4wd HST
May 23, 2019
Corrales, NM
Yes, sometimes the bear gets you, and sometimes you get the bear! You won that one! I'd try to find an in depth repair manual.

My neighbor had a Ford that size with a loader. Nice, handy tractor.
Just ordered a FSM today. Definitely going to need that especially for checking out the front axle. I scored pretty good on this one I think!