Auger for B2650

Keeth1123

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Dec 13, 2018
Sunshine state
Thanks for the recommendation but I can't afford to purchase another auger at this time.

I did buy a longer 6" bit (50" vs 30") which should help me get a little deeper. Also, when looking at the links on the tractor they do not bind on anything but thy will not go all the way down. If there is no bit on the auger I do not think the links will allow the motor to go all the way down to the ground.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Thanks for the recommendation but I can't afford to purchase another auger at this time.

I did buy a longer 6" bit (50" vs 30") which should help me get a little deeper. Also, when looking at the links on the tractor they do not bind on anything but thy will not go all the way down. If there is no bit on the auger I do not think the links will allow the motor to go all the way down to the ground.
What position are your lifting rods in? The closest position (B) should allow your three point to drop lower to the ground. Second, are you sure that the position control lever is allowing you to move it all the way to the lowest position? There is a lock that can prevent that depending on where it's installed (above/below) the position control handle.

Attachments

Keeth1123

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Dec 13, 2018
Sunshine state
What position are your lifting rods in? The closest position (B) should allow your three point to drop lower to the ground. Second, are you sure that the position control lever is allowing you to move it all the way to the lowest position? There is a lock that can prevent that depending on where it's installed (above/below) the position control handle.

They are not in position B so I will have to try this. As an update, I ordered a longer 6” bit (50” vs 36”). The test hole I dug went all the way down without issue. This time I went slow and steady and allowed dirt to pile high before digging further down. Before, I used the arm to kind of pick up the dirt and clear it. The slow method does work better and I was able
To dig a perfect 4’ hole

kenjunior

Equipment
B2650 w/ all the fixin's
Aug 29, 2019
Melvern, Kansas
Re: Auger for B2650 *Update*

UPDATE​

I purchased thee Dirty Hand Tools Model 90 post hole digger and a 36" bit that is 9" in diameter. I went with this setup because it was affordable for me. Initially, I looked at the model 100 digger but I read some reviews of people with my size tractor that said the model 100 wouldn't fit the three point hitch.

Any suggestions?
Well, I'm a little late to the tread but if you bought your DHT auger from Amazon (lol, feels weird ordering a big @$$ tool from Amazon) like I did. You probably read my review on the Model 100 and NOT fitting CAT1 as listed.

I purchased the Model 100 and longer 9" auger bit early April 2019 and I've put probably 30 holes in mother earth with only one, WHOOOPS. The whoops? Feather the descent rate of the auger, don't just drop 'er down and let 'er bore.... Soft ground will literally kill the motor as it spirals too quickly. :)

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
My PTO auger (believe it might be a Farm King) purchased 30+ yrs ago hooked up behind my older JD750MFWD at only 17 PTO HP and worked dandy fine. I used both a 9" and 12" auger with it. Now behind the new B2650 its a mean drilling machine. I will say I was more comfortable using it with the foot clutch on the JD750 than the live pto on the B2650. The foot clutch seemed more intuitive than the hand lever on the Kubota but maybe in time that will feel "normal" too. I fabbed up a 2 ft. extension yrs. ago to be able to drill below the frost line here for deck post footings and it worked quite well. You have to drill the holes normally first and then put on the extension for the xtra depth and attach the auger to the gear box after the auger is already in the hole. A little time consuming but it sure beats a long handled manual post hole auger. Your B2650 will have more than enough power to handle your pto powered auger, and so much so that you really have to be careful not to let the auger corkscrew into the ground and become stuck. No fun at all digging them out again with a tile spade!!:D