Piranha Toothbar

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Mine arrived today, right on time. Judging by the looks of the box, it had been run over by a D-9 Cat. I hope they were able to salvage something from the Cat. This thing is built & heavy.
Not sure when I will get to install & test it, but I will post when I can.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Bill, I don't think you will be disappointed. Remember to post pictures.:)

Sodark

Equipment
2018 B2650 HST ROPS, BH77 Backhoe
May 15, 2018
Pacific Northwest US
Same. The box is basically a vain attempt to protect the other packages and carrier vehicles. Something to attach the shipping label to.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
The final price is dependent on the width of the bucket. They don't care if you're putting it on a "B" or an "L".

Clover13

Jul 27, 2018
NJ
I sent mine right to the dealer as they were putting my build together. I saw it installed, looks great. I'm thinking about getting the straight edge too, will be easy to swap out and should be good for snow and dirt work that doesn't involve annihilating brush, roots, etc :)

L35

Equipment
L35/TL720/BT900/York rake/Valby chipper
Jun 13, 2010
CT
Ordered one for my kubota this morning :)

BensBX

Mar 7, 2017
Baltimore, Ohio
Just installed one a couple of weeks ago on my BX. Does a great job cutting underbrush and uprooting honeysuckle, small saplings, and the dreaded multiflora rose bushes. Easy to install and most certainly helps save your loader bucket. Just watch overloading your cylinders coz this thing grabs on like a piranha.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I have an ATI toothbar sitting in my shed that I have no use for. It's a bolt on bar if anyone is interested. I did add a length of flat stock to it to adjust the fit to my larger bucket but never installed it. I can shorten it to whatever dimension you need, here in the shop, not a big deal. Has hardened and replaceable pinned on shanks.

wwiifan

Equipment
2017 BX23S
Jul 13, 2017
Salina, Kansas
What do ya think of a "small" one made for the back hoe bucket...??? Think it would dig any better or worse...??? Instead of the teeth they come with...

BensBX

Mar 7, 2017
Baltimore, Ohio
Interesting thought. My thoughts are the original BH bucket teeth are a lot more heavy duty to aid in prying rock loose. With smaller teeth like the piranha it may be an advantage with roots just because the teeth may cut better and have a sawing effect?? Good question. Someone should make one and test and see if there are specific advantages. Being much smaller it should not cost nearly so much as a FEL. Could be an advantage for stump removal. Be nice if it could quick attach but would still require removing original teeth.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
That Piranha Tooth bar is the shizzle! I take up big rocks like that often. Before I got the Piranha Tooth bar the bucket edge would just slip off the rock without moving it enough to gain purchase to lift the rock out of the ground. Now using the Piranha Tooth bar it gets enough purchase on the rock to flip it out of the hole. I cannot say enough good things about that thing.

Clover13

Jul 27, 2018
NJ
I gave mine a light workload yesterday for the first time, took down a few small 2-3" diameter pines. No problem at all.

Anyone ever try to lift out small stumps with it? I'm in all sand, so super soft soil. I may give it a try with some smaller stumps just to see how it does, start with little 6" diameter and see how well it lifts...if all goes well work my way up a bit in size. Anything "big" I'll have to dig out first (no backhoe unfortunately) and cut the roots first.

tiktock

Jun 27, 2018
Plaistow
I gave mine a light workload yesterday for the first time, took down a few small 2-3" diameter pines. No problem at all.

Anyone ever try to lift out small stumps with it? I'm in all sand, so super soft soil. I may give it a try with some smaller stumps just to see how it does, start with little 6" diameter and see how well it lifts...if all goes well work my way up a bit in size. Anything "big" I'll have to dig out first (no backhoe unfortunately) and cut the roots first.
It works really well if you can "hook" a part of the stump between the "Vs" of the bar, then curl. I dont cut roots any more, I just expose them enough to wrap a chain around them then snap or drag em out with the tractor, too.