Ads

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
I recently noticed the ads had changed here. I know ads usually are based on cookies on your machine, but I am on a work computer that doesn't store any browsing history so I think I get the random roulette of banner ads etc. It is usually for cars, hunting equipment, random merchandise, etc.

Anyways, some of the ads of late are not entirely safe for work (I'm in a government office) with scantily clad Russian mail order brides or for lingerie shops.

These are easy on the eyes, but most offensive of all, today there was a banner ad trying to sell me a green tractor, and I figured enough is enough, I've got to say something.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I recently noticed the ads had changed here. I know ads usually are based on cookies on your machine, but I am on a work computer that doesn't store any browsing history so I think I get the random roulette of banner ads etc. It is usually for cars, hunting equipment, random merchandise, etc.

Anyways, some of the ads of late are not entirely safe for work (I'm in a government office) with scantily clad Russian mail order brides or for lingerie shops.

These are easy on the eyes, but most offensive of all, today there was a banner ad trying to sell me a green tractor, and I figured enough is enough, I've got to say something.
Your government computer has no ADBLOCK software installed? mmmmmm......

I have not seen an ad here or at home in 5 years!!!!
Chrome - with ADBLOCK, or ADBLOCK plus.

Other that your browser - there is not much you will be able to do unless you use an extension in your browser!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

If you were a paid member there would be far less issues.
Yes adblock also helps

Ads are generated off of your computer or you IP's history.
The ads are a package deal and OTT has little control off of the ads, but grab some screen shots and send them to me and I'll forward them on to see if we can get them taken out of the ad loop.
Oh and the JD ads...sorry we are stuck with them. :(

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
When I discovered this site I got a few answers I needed for a project and was appreciative enough to pay for a lifetime membership ('cause it was just a bit more than a shorter membership) and have never seen an ad when I come here.

Maybe I need to cancel my membership so I can see what I'm missing!:D:D

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Yep, government computer, can only use Internet Explorer, and there are firewalls but not ad blockers. My "complaint" was tongue-in-cheek.

Today's ads are protein supplements and ladies swimsuits...:D