searching for rear rims

berky

Equipment
B1750
Sep 5, 2017
PA, US
my B1750 HST 4wd (used) came with calcium filled rear tires. The rims have started corroding, so I was going to order new rims. However, it appears that the kubota part (66416-17720) is going to set me back around $600+.

so, I'm trying to find an aftermarket part that will work.

I can't seem to find the 'official' specs, but from what I can tell it is the following:

size: 15 x 10 (rim has an imprint that says "15x10 LBH", and I can't figure out what the LBH stands for)
hole size: 4-5/8" (I've seen some references to 4.633" on different sites, so that may be it)
bolt holes: 6x6 (or 6on6, but the original rims have 12 holes with 6 lugs, spaced at 6" distance on center)
inset: i'm unsure on this as the tires are still on and I can't get a good measurement, but it *appears* to be around a -1.75" inset at the part where the bolts go through the holes.

the tires that are on it are 31x15.5-15 which apparently are not stock. They have the big traction bars like a larger tractor typically would have instead of the turf tires.

Anyway, the ultimate question I have is, does anyone know of an alternative part number or other aftermarket rim that will work? Even if I have to buy 2 new ones so they are surely the same rim, that's fine as long as I don't have to fork out 600+ for 1 rim. I don't care what color it is or anything along those lines either.

Thanks in advance!

berky

Equipment
B1750
Sep 5, 2017
PA, US
Thanks, I found those as well, but I'm fairly certain that is for a front tire or a skinny back tire

Listing shows:
5.5" x 16" Front Wheel Rim

It also lists a positive offset, whereas (if I understand it correctly), I need a negative offset [ie. center disc is closer to the tractor side of the rim, which helps keep the tire out from the tractor]. I suppose in theory I could flip it around and drill a new hole for the valve stem, then seal up the original.

however, I still need a 15x10, not a 16x5.5

Attachments

Terdybukrat

Equipment
B2400, Gehl skidsteer with Kubota v2203 engine, D600 engine
Dec 10, 2017
Mebane, NC
Berky,
Have you found the rims you need yet? If not, are you just looking for rims or rims & tires?

berky

Equipment
B1750
Sep 5, 2017
PA, US
Berky,
Have you found the rims you need yet? If not, are you just looking for rims or rims & tires?
I was only looking for rims, which I did find at a local place (if you need the part numbers, I'd have to see if I can find them... I don't recall if they had that listed on there). They are the generic cream color, but oh well. I didn't get a chance to swap them out yet, but I found a place that sells the "caliber m1000" solution that I'm going to use for my ballast. Now I just need to get a 55 gallon drum so I can get that stuff and then hope and pray there's nothing wrong inside my tires currently.

Terdybukrat

Equipment
B2400, Gehl skidsteer with Kubota v2203 engine, D600 engine
Dec 10, 2017
Mebane, NC
I bought a NOS pair of the Bar Turf tires & rims from a Kubota dealer. I had talked to them on the phone and without a part # they had no idea what I was looking for. I stopped in a couple of days later with a picture of the bar/turf and the same guy said "we have a new set of those just been taking up space that I'd love to free up" so I got a pretty good deal.

Todd O

Equipment
1994 B1550 HST D
May 30, 2019
Bedford, NH
Do you recall the name of the local place you purchased the rims? I am looking for the exact same thing. Thanks.

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Another option instead of buying tractor wheels as parts from Kubota is to buy wheels and tires together from the dealer as "whole goods". Talk to sales, not parts and see what they can do.

berky

Equipment
B1750
Sep 5, 2017
PA, US
Do you recall the name of the local place you purchased the rims? I am looking for the exact same thing. Thanks.
who are you asking? the place I bought mine from doesn't have online sales. Just a local tire place in south-central PA.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I was only looking for rims, which I did find at a local place (if you need the part numbers, I'd have to see if I can find them... I don't recall if they had that listed on there). They are the generic cream color, but oh well. I didn't get a chance to swap them out yet, but I found a place that sells the "caliber m1000" solution that I'm going to use for my ballast. Now I just need to get a 55 gallon drum so I can get that stuff and then hope and pray there's nothing wrong inside my tires currently.
For some reason people don't listen. Use windsheild washer fluid, it's cheap and your tires don't care what brand it is

I bet the rims are corroded inside, especially of the stem hole is that bad. and you will have to replace both tubes and the CACL destroys the valve core and stem.

CACL was fine 30 years ago. today, not so good.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
For some reason people don't listen. Use windsheild washer fluid, it's cheap and your tires don't care what brand it is

I bet the rims are corroded inside, especially of the stem hole is that bad. and you will have to replace both tubes and the CACL destroys the valve core and stem.

CACL was fine 30 years ago. today, not so good.
And some people don’t read the thread they are posting to to know it is 2 years old

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
I think the new guy is right in bringing this up again instead of starting a new thread... Same problem, same thread.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Shootem604, I agree. Todd 0 revived it, and three folks commented on it, but some folks are just looking for anything (or someone) to disagree with and don't get the whole picture!