BX2360 3 point hitch adjustments

chief36chevy

Equipment
BX2360
Oct 21, 2018
Annville
I have a BX2360. My problem is that I added barbell weights to my 3-point hitch. The way that I mounted them they hit my taillights. What I am asking is there a way to limit the height that the 3 point will move?

beex

May 21, 2019
on my bx
when you here a crunch noise, let the lever go... sorry couldn’t resist.

only thing i can think of is take the lift arms off the shaft 3pt, put the 3 pt all the way up, put the lifting arms back on the shaft in the highest position such the weighs are just below the lights, drop to lowest point and see if there are any interference problems, or it might drop to the ground.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Sounds like it's a "2-point hitch" with the weights on a rod?

Folks have used "check chains" to limit downward movement for years.

Maybe you could rig a chain or cable to your little trailer hitch plate down low back there to limit upward movement?

Looking at my BX2360, not sure the geometry works, but it's worth a try....heck, try a simple piece of rope to mock it up.....

NOTE: Understand a normal check chain is just working against gravity, but this set up is working against the full force of the hydraulic system's lifting power. I'd use it with great caution, if it can work at all. You're essentially transmitting that force to a different part of the tractor which might/could bend things up.....not a fail-safe, but a reminder....

You may be better off adding some length to your weight hitch to keep it off the tractor, and a top link to keep things aligned. Would take some fabrication to get there.

EDIT - - what about a Quick Hitch?!?! Problem solved (maybe?).....Father's Day Sale at Harbor Freight 20% off...$80....

Last edited:

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
I have a BX2360. My problem is that I added barbell weights to my 3-point hitch. The way that I mounted them they hit my taillights. What I am asking is there a way to limit the height that the 3 point will move?
I don't know about that model tractor but they usually have a stop that you can slide into a position in the slot that you move the 3 point control lever in that when tightened up will block the control arm from going all the way back and limit the amount you can raise the 3 point arms.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I don't know about that model tractor but they usually have a stop that you can slide into a position in the slot that you move the 3 point control lever in that when tightened up will block the control arm from going all the way back and limit the amount you can raise the 3 point arms.
Yeah Ed, that would do the trick, but the BX's just have the 1/4 inching valve...no limits...

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
My BX2230 has a rod with stops and springs that can be adjusted so the lever to raise and lower the 3pt will go to neutral. You can still move the lever to go further either direction if you have to.
The rod is on the right side under the lift arm, at least it is on my BX.

Attachments

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
From the WSM:

CONTROL VALVE
This position control valve is located under the hydraulic cylinder.
This control valve is mechanically connected to the position control lever.
Since the feedback rod is not equipped to the lift arm, the neutral position adjustment is adjusted by controlling the position control lever.

You should read up on the position control lever in Owner's Manual

Dave

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Gosh, I might be way off on this one....
My apologies to the OP if so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beex

May 21, 2019
on my bx
My BX2230 has a rod with stops and springs that can be adjusted so the lever to raise and lower the 3pt will go to neutral. You can still move the lever to go further either direction if you have to.
The rod is on the right side under the lift arm, at least it is on my BX.

this is interesting, my bx1860 doesn’t have this.

I have the ballast box with sand bags for mine, which works good, it puts the center weight 8”-12” behind the 3pt pins, and the box doesn’t cost much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The BX2360 lacks both the feedback linkage or any stops on the three point control.
There is no way to limit the movement at all.

hope to float

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450
Feb 18, 2018
Ireland
Your weights look to be above the 3-point arms.
Could you find a way to attach them below the arms? Possibly weld on a couple of shackles or something.

chief36chevy

Equipment
BX2360
Oct 21, 2018
Annville
Thanks for all the info. The light bulb just turned on. I think I have some more of the smaller diameter ones like what I have on the outside. I will have sacrifice the weight in order to get the clearance. I’ll check out in the shed tomorrow.

chief36chevy

Equipment
BX2360
Oct 21, 2018
Annville
I thought I posted over the weekend that I was going to try some smaller weights but I must have done something wrong.
I found enough weights to make it work. I had to sacrifice some weight but still have 250lb. of weights.
I have included some pictures to show what I did.
Again, thank you all for your help.
Chief
DCP_5492.jpg

DCP_5493.jpg

DCP_5494.jpg